A new Mitch Marner meme emerged from this photo of him in the airport

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
He never weighed in at 170 at the combine, but yes keep making stuff up.

And keep only looking at the internet sites that try to confirm your biases rather than using easy logic. That's always a good rule. You're so smart. :)

He was 170lbs at leafs camp 2015-2016. Said he felt too slow at that weight. 160-170 is what we can expect from him throughout his career I'd say. Worked this year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I always forget how small hockey players can be.

Hockey players are extremely small now. They dont really do any upper body weights and just all core and legs.. Heck even look at Drew Doughty walk around, his arms and shoulders are so thin and youd never think that is a top pro. Majority of guys are shaped like that in NHL... They dont really do any "beach body" workouts

The old school guys are built like tanks and are real thick(Shane Doan/Jarome Iginla types)... Nowadays you really dont train upper body and try to get thicker cause that slows you down on the ice and its all about quickness now.... Thin is the new thick haha.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
how long is he going to look 16 for?

My kid is 16. . . Marner looks 14

Not that it matters, kid has amazing skills. . . I'm actually shocked that he can be this small and not get killed in the chell

Putting on weight for him may actually be a detriment, why mess w what's working?

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
My kid is 16. . . Marner looks 14

Not that it matters, kid has amazing skills. . . I'm actually shocked that he can be this small and not get killed in the chell

Putting on weight for him may actually be a detriment, why mess w what's working?

In old man in me violently screamed inside my own head "No! The chell's not going to become a thing, we're not doing that"

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I always forget how small hockey players can be.
It's weird. People who sit close to the glass always say they are amazed at how big the players are. When I sit close, I think they actually look smaller than I would have originally thought...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's weird. People who sit close to the glass always say they are amazed at how big the players are. When I sit close, I think they actually look smaller than I would have originally thought...

And off ice even smaller. I came across Brenden Morrisson on the street one day and he looked so small and thin. I couldnt believe how small of a frame he had. It was bizzare. Sure he wasnt the biggest player, but i assumed he would have been alot bigger than he was

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I don't like how this thread is turning into a spitting war on how much Marner weighs.

Just laugh at the memes. That's it.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
6ft is just above average height in North America.

The average height in NA is 5'9 1/2- 5'10". 2 inches above is significant. it's not a huge difference but it's very noticeable. The 6 footers are usually pretty easy to spot. Marner doesn't strike me as one but then again, never seen him up close.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
I've met a few hockey players in my day, living in downtown Toronto. I've met Joffrey Lupul, Mats Sundin, Nazem Kadri, Daniel Alfredsson and Matt Stajan. Sundin and Lupul were around their advertised heights. Stajan looked a bit shorter and Alfie and Kadri looked significantly (~2 inches) shorter. Typically, it seems like taller guys are accurately reported, while shorter guys are not. Marner definitely does not look 6'0 170. Probably more like 5'10 150-155. I'm 24 years old, 5'10 160-165 and I look noticeably thicker than him.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The average height in NA is 5'9 1/2- 5'10". 2 inches above is significant. it's not a huge difference but it's very noticeable. The 6 footers are usually pretty easy to spot. Marner doesn't strike me as one but then again, never seen him up close.

''the 6 footers'', lol. 6'0'' looks just barely above average on a grown man. I've had numerous friends around 5'11.5-6'0 and they dont really look that tall out and about. 6'2'' is pretty tall, around 6'0'' not really.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Probably carries a lot of weight in his legs as do a lot of hockey players even Babcock eluded to this in an interview recently, that he needs to gain upper-body mass specifically

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't like how this thread is turning into a spitting war on how much Marner weighs.

Just laugh at the memes. That's it.

People get defensive and people like to think his smallness is a reason to get some jabs in on Leaf fans.. I agree its annoying

This and new McDavid pics are awesome and will be around forever now

Very funny to look at them

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Marner still hiding his chipped tooth. Kept making that face when team canada played and pictures where getting taken. Laughed my ass each time and so did the tv guys.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
''the 6 footers'', lol. 6'0'' looks just barely above average on a grown man. I've had numerous friends around 5'11.5-6'0 and they dont really look that tall out and about. 6'2'' is pretty tall, around 6'0'' not really.

As I said they don't look gigantic or anything but are fairly tall. 2-3" above the average is noticeable. For example, a 6'3" guy is noticeably taller than a 6' guy.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This one is easily the funniest. :laugh:

DAdtZzwXUAISGW-.jpg

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
People get defensive and people like to think his smallness is a reason to get some jabs in on Leaf fans.. I agree its annoying

It's 2017, so of course someone has to get offended or defensive. The joke here is that he is freaking good despite being on the wispy side. People need to chill and enjoy the laughs.

That one with him at the bounce house is awesome. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad