The Star: A need for speed drives Leafs captain John Tavares in summer workouts

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
he really does need a comeback season though after that horrendous, just a hair under a point per game he put up last year;)

Especially coming off a concussion that sidelined him for weeks (impacted for months?) and impacted off season training.

I kind of even forgot how convoluted the season was, with 13 Leafs games rescheduled. Weird that seems such a long time ago.

Reactions: therealkoho

Felix the Cat Potvin

Jun 18, 2022
I think Tavares is going to have a huge season, to the point where he'll compete with Matthews for team scoring lead, and lots of people, like that doofus Jonas Siegel will eat their words about him. That will help propel us to another successful regular season.

Reactions: banks and Uncus13

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think Tavares is going to have a huge season, to the point where he'll compete with Matthews for team scoring lead, and lots of people, like that doofus Jonas Siegel will eat their words about him. That will help propel us to another successful regular season.
They’ll both be looking up at Marner for the scoring lead, IMO.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Athletes, heck even Joe Everyman, as they age have to train differently to remain competitive and to avoid injuries that don't happen when they are younger. If he wants to be explosive, he has to adapt the way he trains. So easy to put on pounds as you age and your metabolism slows. I speak from experience I'm 2X stronger than I was 20 years ago but 2X slower too. I'm also 60lbs heavier too... so good luck John.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Pts aside. (He was fine)
Tavares knows he needs to impact in a different way to ensure this team has playoff success.

He's smart and surrounded by smart people. His Uncle said (in the series that followed the team around - *not quoted exactly) he needs to be prepared to take the secondary role when he gets older.

I think and hope John will show his veteran leadership this season and deep into the playoffs - he's a winner, and has that last thing waiting to cap off his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad