Friedman: A lot of NHL executives are already calling Radko Gudas a future Leaf.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Elliott Friedman is reporting that that many NHL Executives believe current Capitals D man Radko Gudas is a future Leaf.

The Leafs will have limited cap space so I'm not sure how they would fit him in.

For me he'd be a solid addition but he's only a start, Gudas by himself is not enough but I will admit he'd be an upgrade over what they currently have.

How much does he he get as a UFA?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Gudas isn’t much more than a third pairing option these days, truth be told.
Hed be an differnt skillset than what we have. If we dump holl to a team looking for more of a finesse player and get him for around 2.25 million we can pair him to insulate sandin on the bottom pairing. Would have a tough SOB watching snadins back and mentoring him. He wouldnt be a top 4 get hopefully but a very solid bottom pairing guy with ability to PK well

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hed be an differnt skillset than what we have. If we dump holl to a team looking for more of a finesse player and get him for around 2.25 million we can pair him to insulate sandin on the bottom pairing. Would have a tough SOB watching snadins back and mentoring him. He wouldnt be a top 4 get hopefully but a very solid bottom pairing guy with ability to PK well

yeah, I can’t see Gudas fetching much more than that. Maybe up to 2.5 or so but I probably wouldn’t give him any more than that.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Why would you dump holl... he played pretty good he doesn’t make a hell of a lot and he’s a late bloomer. If anything add gudas. Bye bye Ceci bye bye Barrie. Then you still need another RHD. It’s time to move some forwards. Plus im sick of seeing Marincin he needs to go.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Elliott Friedman is reporting that that many NHL Executives believe current Capitals D man Radko Gudas is a future Leaf.

The Leafs will have limited cap space so I'm not sure how they would fit him in.

For me he'd be a solid addition but he's only a start, Gudas by himself is not enough but I will admit he'd be an upgrade over what they currently have.

How many times does Dubas have to load up on shir personal and call a turd a golden nugget before there is a riot in toronto

Reactions: Tim Wallach

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why would you dump holl... he played pretty good he doesn’t make a hell of a lot and he’s a late bloomer. If anything add gudas. Bye bye Ceci bye bye Barrie. Then you still need another RHD. It’s time to move some forwards. Plus im sick of seeing Marincin he needs to go.
Holl is a bottom pairing defenser similar to Gudas in ability but different playstyle. We shouldnt have 2 bottom pairing RIght handed defenders playing in the lineup. Holl only looks passable as a top 4 dmen with Muzzin or Rielly and cant play up to that standard consistently enough. His money is converted to Gudas. Than sell AJ to target a demelo/tanev/hamonic around 4ish million and it's a big upgrade to the defense. No elite but the right side has players with the ability to defend and absorb the forecheck while the left side would have the better puck moves and transitioners

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Because the second Muzzin went down Holl got exposed BAD

Reactions: Pardoe727

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I think he’d sign for under 2

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Even though his age I think bring him back and he’d probably take a discount to come back.

Ron Hainsey.

Move Johnsson / Holl / Dermott

Then sign Demelo and Gudas. They aren’t sexy names but the offense will still come from the backend but major hits and physicality and clearing the net.

Rielly Hainsey
Muzzin Demelo
Sandin Gudas
Marincin

That’d be cheaper options while also steady and a more reliable defense. The cost would allow flexibility.

I think Tanev and Brodie will still be too much to fill that right side.

Reactions: exporta

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Maybe it's a joke about how he's not in the playoffs either?

Seems like an odd thing for many nhl officials to be talking about.

*cough* tampering *cough*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad