Speculation: A Look Back at Round 1: 2010 NHL Entry Draft

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Rasmus Bengtsson didn't do anything, but everything else in the top three rounds is pretty damn good. Trocheck is the real steal in the 3rd round. I just hope we don't have to trade him because of our centre depth and him not being able to play wing.

gettin Rau where we did was also a steal

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Q deserves a shot at a full NHL season. I love his speed and it's a great asset to a slow as molasses team like us. I'd like to see a Trocheck-Grimaldi-Q line sooner than later.

Having Howden on the PL will take it to the next level. That's the biggest thing the PK is missing, a scoring threat. How many scoring chances have we had on the PK? Having someone with the speed to keep Dmen honest changes the way they play the point and pinch to keep pucks in.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Having Howden on the PL will take it to the next level. That's the biggest thing the PK is missing, a scoring threat. How many scoring chances have we had on the PK? Having someone with the speed to keep Dmen honest changes the way they play the point and pinch to keep pucks in.

Pretty sure we're the only team in the league without a shorthanded goal this season.

cats31

Jun 19, 2013
In hindsight I think we would all rather have Johansen over Guds but Johansen last year would have taken us out of the running for Ekblad and I'm pretty sure everyone would take Guds and Ekblad over Johansen and a pick last year around 10 or 11. I think trading down would have been a great option given that beyond the top 2 most scouts thought the talent dropped off greatly. I would have liked any of the 3 Americans at the bottom of the round over Howden.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
In hindsight I think we would all rather have Johansen over Guds but Johansen last year would have taken us out of the running for Ekblad and I'm pretty sure everyone would take Guds and Ekblad over Johansen and a pick last year around 10 or 11. I think trading down would have been a great option given that beyond the top 2 most scouts thought the talent dropped off greatly. I would have liked any of the 3 Americans at the bottom of the round over Howden.
We also have to count in how Johansen has grown as a player with Columbus, he was looking very bust esque before 2013-14. I'm not sure if he would have taken that step forward with the supporting cast we had during the last few years.

Guds had some tough years during his fist three seasons (thanks Jovo), but we can never fault him for a lack of effort. Same can't be said of Johansen.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
We also have to count in how Johansen has grown as a player with Columbus, he was looking very bust esque before 2013-14. I'm not sure if he would have taken that step forward with the supporting cast we had during the last few years.

Guds had some tough years during his fist three seasons (thanks Jovo), but we can never fault him for a lack of effort. Same can't be said of Johansen.
#character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad