A little love from Alabama

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
wife and I just got back from a quick trip to denver to visit family and friends. Got her talking about Ottawa in 2019.

First weekend in January, 5th and 6th - two afternoon games.

Found flights for $307 out of Nashville, they leave stupid early, 6 AM, but we could stay in Nashville at my son's place and have him drop us off at the airport. Just spitballing on this one, but if I can find a deal on a hotel, it could work.
Found a sweet deal on a hotel:
  1. The Business Inn & Suites | Official Site
Looks like a 20 minute drive to get from hotel to CTC.

I'm sure y'all have given ideas on what to do, but , Friday night, Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday afternoon evening in Ottawa - what should we do?

Need to sell her on this happening, so any advice is welcome.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The nation art gallery is pretty amazing.

Goya, Raphael, Van Noy, Rembrandt, Chagal, Picaso, Warhol - it’s all there.

La Bottega in the byward market for some beautiful meat craft. Top it off with a beaver tail!

Reactions: Panic at the Back

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hopefully the canal will be open for skating by then. Last year it opened on the 5th, so it's right in that ballpark time-wise.

These are the kind of pictures that make Ottawa winters an easy sell:

985x554-rideau-canal-skateway-skating-photographer-lauren-bath.jpg

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
The Canadian Museum of History is a must - I took my wife there on our recent trip back to my hometown and we both loved it (she's from Brazil and knew next to nothing about/had little interest in Canadian history before our visit).

Reactions: Panic at the Back

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
wife and I just got back from a quick trip to denver to visit family and friends. Got her talking about Ottawa in 2019.

First weekend in January, 5th and 6th - two afternoon games.

Found flights for $307 out of Nashville, they leave stupid early, 6 AM, but we could stay in Nashville at my son's place and have him drop us off at the airport. Just spitballing on this one, but if I can find a deal on a hotel, it could work.
Found a sweet deal on a hotel:
  1. The Business Inn & Suites | Official Site
Looks like a 20 minute drive to get from hotel to CTC.

I'm sure y'all have given ideas on what to do, but , Friday night, Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday afternoon evening in Ottawa - what should we do?

Need to sell her on this happening, so any advice is welcome.

My suggestion is to use Airbnb for that real Ottawa feel. Lots of places in the core where you can walk around easily and see the sights...and should be no longer than a half an hour drive to get to the arena.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Looks like it was covered woops.

Yeah Parliament Hill Centre Block being closed for a decade kind of sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad