Tribute A little about Colin Blackwell

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Someone here referred to him as built like a fire hydrant. Which makes a lot of sense. They’re not “big” but they’re sturdy and you don’t wanna run into one.
You can't be 190 lbs and 5'9" and NOT be built like a fire hydrant . . . it's actually a very unique body type to be honest, to be able to skate in today's NHL. He's probably built like a bulldog, and has to be able to run with the greyhounds.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
His GPs seem low. Is he injured often?

Highlights are great: He's exactly the bottom six would-be top six sparkplug good teams can always use. And on an abysmal Kraken team with respect to +/-, he managed to remain a +1.

Seems like a savvy inclusion. In sum, we got Giordano, with retention and Blackwell for successive drafts' picks in the second round which are likely going to remain in that 50-60 area and then a third, with a better third coming back having moved out Dermott.

That's well played, boys.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
My first reaction As Pat Burns once famously said about Bill Berg. " I wouldn't know him if I ran him over in my truck".

After doing some homework I fully anticipate a Trevor Moore 2.0 in Blackwell.

Reactions: ToneDog

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
A quick repost from another thread:

I really do wonder if Blackwell will join Tavares/Nylander?

He was on the Panarin/Strome line last season and has some pretty good splits with them:

Panarin/Strome without Blackwell last season:

TOI: 287:01
xGF%: 47.74
GF%: 50.11

Panarin/Strome/Blackwell:

TOI: 195:39
xGF%: 52.26
GF%: 72.44

It's on record that Panarin requested Blackwell over Kakko to play with him but eventually was overruled. (gotta give the 2nd overall playing time right?)

What do you guys think?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Someone here referred to him as built like a fire hydrant. Which makes a lot of sense. They’re not “big” but they’re sturdy and you don’t wanna run into one.
that was me and I also added this
He's avgd 12:29 this year with PKs, although he's been playing 15+ over his last 5 games(showcasing?), I'm seeing either 3rd LW or 4C depending on need doesn't seem to have the hands to play higher up full time. Looks like he skates well, avg speed edges OK. Looks pretty strong on his stick and on the boards

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Getting this guy is why I'm not giving Dubas a D for this tdl quite yet.

I still don't like how he shat the bed and completely botched the goalie situation, but I do like Giordano and I remember hating this guy Blackwell when we played Seattle. Didn't the guy score 1 or 2 against us? I know he was finishing checks for sure, something we BADLY need come playoff time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad