Tribute A little about Colin Blackwell

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He's more of a shift disturbing little energy guy, right?
Something between Kerfoot and bunting. People will make jokes about being 5’9” and a “doobler guy” but he makes whatever line up he’s in tougher to play against both in effort and tenacity.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Something between Kerfoot and bunting. People will make jokes about being 5’9” and a “doobler guy” but he makes whatever line up he’s in tougher to play against both in effort and tenacity.

Yeah I don't think he's a typical 5'9" skill guy. I think 32 Thoughts or Spittin Chiclets did a special on his come up story with the Rangers and Predators. Don't remember which. Seems like a bit of a pest/energy guy.

Reactions: slozo

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah I don't think he's a typical 5'9" skill guy. I think 32 Thoughts or Spittin Chiclets did a special on his come up story with the Rangers and Predators. Don't remember which. Seems like a bit of a pest/energy guy.
Someone here referred to him as built like a fire hydrant. Which makes a lot of sense. They’re not “big” but they’re sturdy and you don’t wanna run into one.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
1647819859849.png

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is a pest. Really wish Kase can come back bc a line of him, Kampf and Kase will bother the crap out of any top lines.

Reactions: Le Cobra

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Athletic compared him to Goodrow recently, which for a depth forward add is as good of praise as any.

Blackwell had strong underlying numbers in a limited role in Nashville, then became a key utility forward in New York where he primarily skated on the second line alongside Artemi Panarin and Ryan Strome, ahead of playing in Seattle. A more fitting role for him on a contender is probably on a team’s third line where ideally he can maintain the stellar defensive influence he has this year. The weak spot for him this year is his offensive generation — but that may be what makes him closer to the Goodrow comparable than Coleman if that holds up on a new squad.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
What surprises me when I see people do this is apparently half of Leafs Nation have forgotten that for a decade, our tough guy was only 5'9". And no one would call Tie Domi a wimp to his face...

A lot of our most revered tough, heart and soul guys were on the shorter end. Clark, Gilmour, Domi, Tucker. None of those guys surpassed 5'11".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad