Confirmed with Link: A.J. Greer traded to NYI for D Kyle Burroughs

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
They might be a bit dated, but here are some quotes from draft-year scouting reports on him.

"Burroughs has a good first pass and moves the puck well. He also has considerable grit in his six-foot frame."

"Quietly developing into a power play QB and leader. Has an above average sense of where to pass the puck and has added a new threat for the Pats from the back end. Will need work to get stronger and improve his defense, but there is a lot to like in this long term defense project.
[br] --Bill Placzek--"

"Burroughs is small by NHL standards but can hold his own. He is solid in own zone using positioning and smarts to hold off opposing forwards. Offensively he is mobile and makes good decisions with the puck. Burroughs can contribute on the powerplay, although his shot is not much of a threat. He has shown no reluctance to stand up for teammates or drop the gloves when necessary."

Reactions: MarkT

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I wonder what players Joe and Lou were discussing before settling on this minor trade. Lou thought he could send us Boychuk/Leddy at full cap or something?

I'd still be more comfortable with Cizikas as our 3C next year than Compher, but the Isles can't take back cap. Would require sending Compher to Buffalo/NJ or something like that.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I guess Sakic is rounding out the bottom pair for the AHL. I don’t think either player has any upside, maybe Greer has a bit more.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Finally Sakic finds a partner for a Greer trade. Let's hope he found another diamond in the rough, although I admit it seems unlikely.

Reactions: MarkT and Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I wonder what players Joe and Lou were discussing before settling on this minor trade. Lou thought he could send us Boychuk/Leddy at full cap or something?

I'd still be more comfortable with Cizikas as our 3C next year than Compher, but the Isles can't take back cap. Would require sending Compher to Buffalo/NJ or something like that.
Nichuskin and Cizikas on a line together would be unplayable. They're in a class of their own with matching -23% ExGA% relative to the league, meaning that their teams concede 23% less scoring chances with them on the ice than the league average. For reference, -10% is considered very good; -15% is considered elite (eg. Bergeron is at -16%), and -23% is off the charts.

A line of Nichuskin-Cizikas-Donskoi would easily be one of the best - if not the outright best, pure shutdown line in the league, and would give us a lot of matchup advantages, particularly with strong 1st and 2nd lines.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Finally Sakic finds a partner for a Greer trade. Let's hope he found another diamond in the rough, although I admit it seems unlikely.
Looks more like a Jacob MacDonald type acquisition. A solid AHLer but nothing more. Which is fine, because it does fill a need with a RHD for the Eagles.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Aho and Carlo on the board for the Avs and Roy convinces Sakic to trade down so he can draft the son of a family friend along with another young French defenseman who was supposed to be the next Pronger when he was 14.
Let's be real, we pick Paul Bittner at 31.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Aho and Carlo on the board for the Avs and Roy convinces Sakic to trade down so he can draft the son of a family friend along with another young French defenseman who was supposed to be the next Pronger when he was 14.
So depressing, their selections have seemed to get better the last few drafts hopefully the development side can catch up.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Can I get some information on Greer, please?

Could be a decent 4th line energy player/shit disturber if he cleans up his biggest problem; taking unnecessary penalties all over the ice. No coach will have time for a 4th-liner who costs his team like that over and over and over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad