Value of: A Finnish player to EDM (that's a regular in the lineup)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Want Lehtonen Or Neimi? :laugh:
Oilers signed Tuukka Rask's ex back-up Jonas Gustavsson so they ( Oilers) don't need another goalie.
But Julius Honka would be ideal player for Edmonton.

Oilers are lacking right handed shot defenceman so Honka fits perfectly to Oilers need.
Seems that Honka is stuck in AHL and if Dallas won't protect Honka Las Vegas is going to take him next years expansion draft anyways.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Tuomo Ruutu might be just the guy. He has been a hero for the Finnish national team and surely is a player that Puljujärvi has been looking up to.

I'm more than surprised if Tuomo Ruutu plays in NHL upcoming season.
He was one of those Finnish players who didn't score points past season in New Jersey.

Also his injury history is longer than McDonalds hamburger line in Christmas eve.
So i doubt there's some NHL GM who's ready to sign him in the team.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Oilers signed Tuukka Rask's ex back-up Jonas Gustavsson so they ( Oilers) don't need another goalie.
But Julius Honka would be ideal player for Edmonton.

Oilers are lacking right handed shot defenceman so Honka fits perfectly to Oilers need.
Seems that Honka is stuck in AHL and if Dallas won't protect Honka Las Vegas is going to take him next years expansion draft anyways.

Honka doesn't have to be protected

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Filppula

For

Yakupov
Fayne

I would do this, not sure Tampa would. The only thing is, I'm pretty sure Flip has a NMC, so first he'd have to waive it to leave a contender to come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade, AND he'd have to be protected in the expansion draft.

Like the player, but not the right guy currently.

So far the suggestion I like the best is Haula. He's a burner and plays an ideal game for a 3C (reminds me of Helm a bit). He and Puljujarvi on the 3rd line (where Puljujarvi should start) could help offset a slow guy like Maroon.

Nuge + ???? for Spurgeon + Haula. That would be the perfect finishing touch to Chia's off-season.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Get Ville Pokka. He's a northern lad like Pulju and a decent prospect on top of that. Will cost you though as Hawks are kind of high on him, and can use any cheap young talent that they can get their hands on.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Call me crazy, but I think Jussi Jokinen would be a good fit on the Oilers. I'm not sure what they could offer Florida though.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Get Ville Pokka. He's a northern lad like Pulju and a decent prospect on top of that. Will cost you though as Hawks are kind of high on him, and can use any cheap young talent that they can get their hands on.

This would actually make sense since they are from a same town(Tornio) and already know each other. Plus young RHD is a big need for EDM.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Lightning have no interest in Yakupov or Fayne but you could probably have him for a decent plate of poutine.

(In other words we don't want to take on salary beyond this season but a pick or a depth scorer whose contract expires after this season would suffice.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad