Rumor: A few trade rumours prior to roster freeze

Best of the rumours

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
There's a 0.0% chance St.Louis takes that dump of an offer for Senko and Dunn.

Buffalo would never retain Eriksson's salary trading Reinhart - they would want only the 9th no way they favor us that much.

Roussel and Beagle for Kane literally sounds like some fantasy hockey dwarf that has no idea what the hell he's talking about. Here you go, SJ, take our worst players.

Myers and Holtby for OEL sounds awful for BOTH teams. Like, we can't take that much salary and if we try to snag a player like OEL, Zona will expect more than that crap.

Sorry but all of these offers look like fantasy garbage.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It seems many suggestions have to do with the rumours
Johnson and Cernak for Juloevi and picks

How about a little digging? Laine had a horrible year and got his reputation tarnished with a trade request, Columbus is already thinking about shopping Jones and worried about his next contract, they are also retooling/rebuilding.
So, Schmidt and Boeser, Boeser to replace Laine's production for Columbus and status is similar, Schmidt gives them 5 more years of cost certainty and a lot of Canucks think he was great, me, add in a 1rst round pick, maybe this years, Jones is that good and Laine with Pettersson might ignite.
Make a deal for Dahlin, again he had an off year and Buffalo fans are crumpy, especially with Eichel
Hughes and Miller for Dahlin, Hughes gives them a perceived bump and Miller isn't much longer in Vancouver anyway. Add some pick.
Miller for emotional leadership, Hughes to entertain and help the PP.

Sign Jones to Pietrangelo or Heiskanen type contracts and term that starts next year.
Laine gets another 7 mil for 4 years
Dahlin gets a 5 mil for five years

Stop looking at 28+ players that are at their peak and maybe starting the downside.

These trades are almost cost neutral to the Canucks and Benning hasn't been tearing up the league with his later round picks so put them in play

Miller - 5 mil
Schmidt - 6 mil
Boeser - 5.75 mil, but his next starts a 8 mil
Hughes wants 7 mil

IN
Dahlin at 4.5 mil
Cernak - 3 mil
Johnson - 5 mil
Jones - 5.5 mil this year
Laine - 7 mil

Defence
Jones - 26 min +
Dahlin - 24
Myers - 24
Cernak - 24

Still have Edler and Rathbone

Demko

Back end is set for 8 years

Pettersson - Laine - Podkolzin
Pearson - Horvat - ?
Hoglander - Johnson
Motte - Dickinson

Still have Virtanen or what he might get as a trade asset.
What is he charged with anyway?

No 1rst round pick this year and maybe no 2nds and a conditional 1rst over the next two years

This core is good and young
If they don't work they all have big trade value

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Read a couple of rumours from a BenningBro on Twitter but almost seems like a Aquilini burner account, some were interesting so thought I’d post. Seems to align with Drancers report on the VANCAST saying that the Canucks had some bigger deals on the table that they weren’t able to pull the trigger on before the roster freeze. So some may still be on the table post expansion draft…thoughts??

Trade #1
VAN: Schmidt+Virtanen+Juolevi for STL: Tarasenko+Dunn

Trade #2
VAN: Eriksson+1st (9ov) for BUF: Reinhart

Trade #3
VAN: Roussel + Beagle for SJ: Evander Kane

Trade #4
VAN: Myers + Holtby for ARI: OEL

i would 1,000% pay the luxury tax to do all these deals

then i'd use bird rights to re-sign petey and hughes to max contracts

love that D of hughes / rathbone / rafferty / chatfield / woo? / madison bowey?

maybe ask if reinhart is willing to play d like his dad

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I had voted for the Kane deal but just realized he’s at $7M. How the f***??

I vote for none of the above.

Say what you want about the guy but unlike other big contracts on San Jose he's not a star but since they acquired him he's always produced 1st line numbers for them. It's like their one veteran contract who's actually worked out so far, and while the Canucks don't have the cap space for him I'm sure he'd produce just fine in our top six.

The idea that San Jose would trade him straight up for Beagle and Roussel is kind of laughable.

Reactions: themelkman

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Say what you want about the guy but unlike other big contracts on San Jose he's not a star but since they acquired him he's always produced 1st line numbers for them. It's like their one veteran contract who's actually worked out so far, and while the Canucks don't have the cap space for him I'm sure he'd produce just fine in our top six.

The idea that San Jose would trade him straight up for Beagle and Roussel is kind of laughable.

Kane is a good player but is the sketchiest player in the NHL off the ice and I wouldn't want him on my team for free at the league minimum. Multiple allegations of physical/sexual assault on females against him.

Reactions: bandwagonesque

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Kane is a good player but is the sketchiest player in the NHL off the ice and I wouldn't want him on my team for free at the league minimum. Multiple allegations of physical/sexual assault on females against him.

He’s also massively in—debt and, I believe, his contract is being used as leverage in several cases.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He’s also massively in—debt and, I believe, his contract is being used as leverage in several cases.
At this point it looks like he’ll essentially be working for free for the balance of his contract. I feel like he could get plastic surgery and assume a different identity in South America and no one would be that surprised. And this is on top of his other baggage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad