Rumor: A few trade rumours prior to roster freeze

Best of the rumours

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Read a couple of rumours from a BenningBro on Twitter but almost seems like a Aquilini burner account, some were interesting so thought I’d post. Seems to align with Drancers report on the VANCAST saying that the Canucks had some bigger deals on the table that they weren’t able to pull the trigger on before the roster freeze. So some may still be on the table post expansion draft…thoughts??

Trade #1
VAN: Schmidt+Virtanen+Juolevi for STL: Tarasenko+Dunn

Trade #2
VAN: Eriksson+1st (9ov) for BUF: Reinhart

Trade #3
VAN: Roussel + Beagle for SJ: Evander Kane

Trade #4
VAN: Myers + Holtby for ARI: OEL

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
- MAYBE? But how will we fix the non-existing defense?

- 9 overall for Reinhart is a hard NO.

- If the rumors of Kane being an immature locker room cancer is even remotely true, he should be avoided at all costs.

- Doubt Arizona will agree to that. Plus OEL is not what the team needs right now.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Trade #1

I'd do this if Dunn comes signed fair... Tarasenko only 2 years left.. i like that... Schmidt has 4 years left, that sucks.

Trade #2

Only if Rein comes signed with home team discount

Trade #3

Only with 50% retention cuz we'd be doing SJ and Kane a favor.

Trade #4

Only with $3M or maybe $3.5M in retention

Just for fun, if all four trades went through:
Jt. Miller Petey Boeser
Pearson Horvat Tarasenko
Kane Reinhart Hoglander
Motte Dickinson Podkolzin

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I agree that none of these are options hfboards posters would chose we all know Benning is fighting to keep his job and he will do anything in his power to keep the throne and wormtongue by his side. He is going to do something we all hate but ultimately how far will it set us back in terms of the rebuild when he’s FINALLY disposed of.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
I am big on punting Myers. So if they could take Roussel as well, I'd easily jump at that for OEL. Heck, I'm so anti-Myers I would probably take that trade as-is with a bit of liquor. I know what Myers is whereas there is a chance OEL is not spent yet, despite how scary bad that contract will likely be.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I would actually consider the second trade.

The contracts coming back in every other trade would **** us even further somehow.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Read a couple of rumours from a BenningBro on Twitter but almost seems like a Aquilini burner account, some were interesting so thought I’d post. Seems to align with Drancers report on the VANCAST saying that the Canucks had some bigger deals on the table that they weren’t able to pull the trigger on before the roster freeze. So some may still be on the table post expansion draft…thoughts??

Trade #1

Trade #2

Trade #3

Trade #4

1) Ehh...I'd think long and hard about it.

2) f*** no. I'd rather the team just ate the last year of the deal than lose a 1st for Reinhart.

3) Barf. No.

4) I want no piece of OEL's contract. It's terrifyingly stupid that Benning genuinely has interest in this player.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Those all seem like bs.

I’d easily do the first one but why would St Louis?

No chance Buffalo take Loui.

That return is shit for SJ as Kane is still productive.

Last one doesn’t make sense for Zona as I they are likely looking for prospects/picks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Having a burner account on Twitter to throw out potential trade ideas to see fan reaction seems like a stupid move. How many replies does a random fan’s trade proposal even get? Maybe 5 if you’re lucky? Way better of on HF trade board

This isn’t a real thing lol.

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Having a burner account on Twitter to throw out potential trade ideas to see fan reaction seems like a stupid move. How many replies does a random fan’s trade proposal even get? Maybe 5 if you’re lucky? Way better of on HF trade board

This isn’t a real thing lol.

the “burner” account was a joke. Although I wouldn’t put it by Frankie…Here’s the dude’s account https://twitter.com/tommycooked?s=21

Reactions: Nucker101

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
The Kane trade seemed like a non brainer until you realize he has 4 years left at 7million.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I had voted for the Kane deal but just realized he’s at $7M. How the f***??

I vote for none of the above.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
If we are dead set on competing next year then the Buff trade is good value. The Eriksson contract is worth a 2nd to dump. Not saying we should be giving up picks, but the value is there.

The Tarasenko trade depends on info not in our possession. If he is healthy then it is also good value - but also a bad fit as it leaves us with 2 proven D and Rathbone, but no money to sign anyone else.

I do not believe the Nucks would trade for Kane. And the OEL trade is terrible. Not sure he has any value at the moment.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
None of them but I doubt they were even offered.

"Also heard there was a deal to send the 9th overall, Beagle and Hoglander for Patrick Kane."

See how easy it can be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad