Value of: A few Sharks players

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Labanc or Donskoi would be perfect fits on the Flames third line

What the “not fair value” price for one of them? Futures only, since the Flames would be looking to (try to) win now if they traded a big package
You've already dealt your 1st. Not familiar enough with your top prospects to judge. Offer?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Available for anything. Anything.

Basically most of us think he's finished, but he's still trying to find his game in the AHL for the moment.

From all accounts, he’s finished.

Cheers, That stinks. The guy was a model professional for the Pens for a long time in an era where accountability was in short supply.

Hopefully he gets it back together enough to have one last act in the NHL.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'm not bashing anyone. He freaking offered Ceci and Brown for Couture. I mean, Ottawa already have Brassard, Duchene & Pageau down the middle. I simply asked what his reasoning behind that trade was and he said they're going to trade Brassard. I responded with "Yeah, because your last C swap went so well" and then all hell broke loose.
Ya well there the issue. It's 2018 people are more offended than ever.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
19 goals in 31 games is your definition of “pretty awful”? Interesting..

24 points in 31 games as a 20 year old in the CHL is beyond awful.

Cheers, That stinks. The guy was a model professional for the Pens for a long time in an era where accountability was in short supply.

Hopefully he gets it back together enough to have one last act in the NHL.

Yeah, he’s taken his assignment with grace, it seems. I feel bad for him. I really hope he gets to play in the NHL again.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Oilers would definitely be interested in Heed I'd have to think. What would the Sharks want?

Would they have interest in either Maroon or Letestu as rentals?

I legitimately have no idea what value you guys would put on Heed? Is it fair to call him a better, RH version of Brad Hunt? I don't know enough about him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd do that. Braun seems like he'd kill it on your 3rd pair, or even 2nd pair LD. Bit of an overpayment on your side I think, but Braun is the kind of guy who'd really suit your defence.

Why would we want as a 2nd pair LD? I also wouldn't do a 1st + Raddysh, we can target a younger RD or defender for that package. Would offer 2nd + Matthieu Joseph(LW in AHL)+ Matthew Spencer(RD in AHL)+ Sustr(cap).

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Oilers would definitely be interested in Heed I'd have to think. What would the Sharks want?

Would they have interest in either Maroon or Letestu as rentals?

I legitimately have no idea what value you guys would put on Heed? Is it fair to call him a better, RH version of Brad Hunt? I don't know enough about him.

No interest whatsoever in Maroon or Letestu.

I don't know enough about Brad Hunt to comment on that comparison. Heed is a smart, offensive third pairing defenseman. His shot is amazing. He's great on the PP and can absolutely hold his own at even strength. He and Brenden Dillon were statistically one of the best third pairs in the league, and we know it's not because of Dillon; Dillon neither drives nor drags possession. He simply performs at the level of his partner. Heed is a play-driving, talented offensive defenseman who performs well in sheltered minutes. He's neither the biggest nor the fastest player, and he can be prone to bone-headed giveaways. But the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd be looking for a similarly maligned forward. A guy who can perform at a third line level, but isn't due to coaching decisions. Slepyshev would have been somewhat comparable a month ago. I'd also take futures, I suppose, but if we're not trading him for an asset similar in age that can help now, I'd rather keep him. You can't have too many good defensemen.

Why would we want as a 2nd pair LD? I also wouldn't do a 1st + Raddysh, we can target a younger RD or defender for that package. Would offer 2nd + Matthieu Joseph(LW in AHL)+ Matthew Spencer(RD in AHL)+ Sustr(cap).

The thing is that younger top-4 RHD aren't traded for packages like that. Why would anyone ever trade a top-4 RHD that has a good cap hit (Braun is under $4M), term (Braun has two more years on his contract after this season) and is under 30 years old. GMs hoard top-4 RHD under 30 like gold and only trade them for better or equivalent players (Hall, Johansen). With Braun you're getting three playoff runs worth of a #3 defensive RHD who is actually producing quite a bit of offense at even strength this season. He's got a great cap hit and the term left on his contract is exactly what you want for someone of his age. It's not like he's over the hill.

There isn't a single legitimate top-4 RHD under 30 with term and a good cap hit that you'll get for Raddysh and an extremely low 1st (likely 28th-31st overall). The offer you made for Braun does nothing for us.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Honestly I feel sorry for Leivo I believe he's got the ability to be a good cheap mid 6 player but we're not using him so why not trade him for someone in the same type of situation?
Leivo has never been given a proper chance. Seems to be disliked by Babcock for some reason, similarly to Heed and DeBoer.

Would be a good trade for both teams and both players.

Reactions: Kiwi leafs fan

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No interest whatsoever in Maroon or Letestu.

I don't know enough about Brad Hunt to comment on that comparison. Heed is a smart, offensive third pairing defenseman. His shot is amazing. He's great on the PP and can absolutely hold his own at even strength. He and Brenden Dillon were statistically one of the best third pairs in the league, and we know it's not because of Dillon; Dillon neither drives nor drags possession. He simply performs at the level of his partner. Heed is a play-driving, talented offensive defenseman who performs well in sheltered minutes. He's neither the biggest nor the fastest player, and he can be prone to bone-headed giveaways. But the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd be looking for a similarly maligned forward. A guy who can perform at a third line level, but isn't due to coaching decisions. Slepyshev would have been somewhat comparable a month ago. I'd also take futures, I suppose, but if we're not trading him for an asset similar in age that can help now, I'd rather keep him. You can't have too many good defensemen.

The thing is that younger top-4 RHD aren't traded for packages like that. Why would anyone ever trade a top-4 RHD that has a good cap hit (Braun is under $4M), term (Braun has two more years on his contract after this season) and is under 30 years old. GMs hoard top-4 RHD under 30 like gold and only trade them for better or equivalent players (Hall, Johansen). With Braun you're getting three playoff runs worth of a #3 defensive RHD who is actually producing quite a bit of offense at even strength this season. He's got a great cap hit and the term left on his contract is exactly what you want for someone of his age. It's not like he's over the hill.

There isn't a single legitimate top-4 RHD under 30 with term and a good cap hit that you'll get for Raddysh and an extremely low 1st (likely 28th-31st overall). The offer you made for Braun does nothing for us.

I wasn't trying to say those are the only pieces I would move for that RD. I would add to that to get a piece that works better with our core, under 30. I would see if Colorado has any interest in moving Barrie and try to pay the cost for that than pay a 1st + Raddysh for Braun who's more of the same in an over 30 defensive first RD.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'd do that. Braun seems like he'd kill it on your 3rd pair, or even 2nd pair LD. Bit of an overpayment on your side I think, but Braun is the kind of guy who'd really suit your defence.
Of course it's an overpayment. He isn't that great. Also why would he play in the 2ld when he's a Rd?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I'd probably part with Slepy for him, maybe add a later pick if need be. Slepy has a ton of talent but just doesn't get any love from TMac. Could be a good change of scenery for both.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if couture is available

one of brown/white+gagne/jaros(depending on if sharks prefer a winger or dman)+ this years first as long as its not top 5(so 5-10 range) and if it slips past 10 then next years first

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
if couture is available

one of brown/white+gagne/jaros(depending on if sharks prefer a winger or dman)+ this years first as long as its not top 5(so 5-10 range) and if it slips past 10 then next years first

Don't you guys already owe a conditional first to Colorado?

I'd probably part with Slepy for him, maybe add a later pick if need be. Slepy has a ton of talent but just doesn't get any love from TMac. Could be a good change of scenery for both.

That's probably a fair deal. I'd rather keep Heed, but it's probably fair.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Don't you guys already owe a conditional first to Colorado?

thats why i had that weird looking condition on the first round pick haha, if i understood it correctly anything from 11-30 this year colorado gets our first, if its top 10 then we have the option of pushing it back a year

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
thats why i had that weird looking condition on the first round pick haha, if i understood it correctly anything from 11-30 this year colorado gets our first, if its top 10 then we have the option of pushing it back a year

But the issue on the condition you specify is that if your first is 1-5 this year, then who gets next year's first? You can't give it to both us and Colorado.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not sure, I'm just saying he'd do well there. I already gave my opinion on this trade.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
But the issue on the condition you specify is that if your first is 1-5 this year, then who gets next year's first? You can't give it to both us and Colorado.

Oh i would only do the deal if it's 6-10 if it's top 5 then we would have to try and substitute the pick but I doubt sharks would be interested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad