Value of: A few Sharks players

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Been a while, but I’m interested in seeing how some of these players are valued around here.

Logan Couture, 28, C/LW, $6M (UFA in 2020)

Justin Braun, 31, RD, $3.8M (UFA in 2021)

Tim Heed, 25, RD, $650K (UFA in 2020)

Melker Karlsson, 27, RW, $2M (UFA in 2021)

Couture and Braun are well known enough. Heed is a quality bottom-pairing offensively inclined RHD who has a bomb of a shot and can run a good #2PP unit. I would prefer to keep him but it seems our coach hates him and I really just think he deserves to be an every night player, even if it isn’t with the Sharks. Karlsson is someone you would ideally find on your fourth line, but can play up the lineup in a pinch. He is an excellent PKer, can throw his weight around, and has a knack for scoring clutch playoff goals.

In trading Couture or Braun, I would look for future type of assets, with drafted prospects being more valuable to the Sharks than picks. For the other two, something that could help our team now or in the future is fine.

Feel free to ask about any other player (Burns, Vlasic, Pavelski, Jones, etc.), but Hertl, Meier, Donskoi, Labanc, and Ryan are not available for ‘fair value’.

Reactions: Nolan11

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Jones seems to be having a pretty awful year in the OHL. What’s up with him?

Keeps getting hurt. Also doesn't help that London was a lot worse than in previous years. Hopefully the trade to Kingston will do him some good. With his physical tools he should be a NHL player in some fashion. If the toolbox is there he could be really good.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Id think braun would bring in more than that... jones is the type of player that the other team either has to be really high on or they prob wont value him much.

Couldn't you say that about any trade that has a prospect as the centerpiece? No team would trade a proven player for a prospect they don't value.

I wouldn't have an issue with Jones + a 1st if I knew it was going to be 20-30.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Jones seems to be having a pretty awful year in the OHL. What’s up with him?
I don't watch CHL hockey much at all, so take this with a mountain of salt, but I suspect his offensive game hasn't developed past the "be more physically gifted than your opponents" stage. Likely will have a career similar to Tom Wilson or Logan Crouse. Good players to have but not stars by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad