Post-Game Talk: A duul game, Skinner with the shutout*

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Never said that…lol.

Guys like Makar create their own offence though so big difference imo.
Kind of did.

Point is it isn’t just because he plays with superstars that he is getting points. It’s not like Ceci is stacking points.

Sure Makar is amazing (I think he’s the best D in the league) but he also plays with studs. Why is Nurse only getting points because of his teammates but not makar?

Nurse obviously isn’t close to Makar offensively but give him some credit.

Last edited:

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Kind of did.

Point is it isn’t just because he plays with superstars that he is getting points. It’s not like Ceci is stacking points.

Sure Makar is amazing (I think he’s the best D in the league) but he also plays with studs. Why is Nurse only getting points because of his teammates but not makar?

Nurse obviously isn’t close to Makar offensively but give him some credit.
Ok fine he hasn’t been all that bad…

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's fair and reasonable. I thought when you talked about a true swing you meant there was a proper definition of swing.

I don't think Vegas has to fall apart for the best case scenario to play out. I definitely think the best case is Oilers finishing second in the division and Vegas finishing third. Vegas doesn't have to fall apart for that to happen.

The Oilers almost certainly will have the tie breaker with Vegas so the Oilers just have to make up six points. Win the two Vegas games and the Oilers only need to make up two points on them. The Oilers do have an easier schedule remaining.

The Oilers went 10-2-1 in their final 13 games last season so take that as a best case. Vegas going 7-3-1 in their remaining games against non-Oiler opponents would be far from falling apart.
The best case I was referring to was Edmonton 2nd, Seattle 3rd and Vegas 4th. Even if we pass Vegas, Seattle doing it too would be nuts.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm curious what he "figured out" because he just looks like a different player who doesn't hesitate about what he needs to do or lacks confidence in what he can do. It's just a wonder.

Looking at the tools, I always wondered if this kind of player was in Foegele, I'm glad he's showing us it seems to be.

He reminds me of Jeff Friesen, not great hands, but all that size and speed just makes him so hard to deal with.
I think he just figured out how to succeed in the bottom six long enough to earn a spot in the top six.

When we traded for Foegele, Carolina fans over on the Canes board mused that Carolina management didn't like Foegele's "Big D Energy" and swagger. I took that to mean that he felt he was worthy of top line minutes but slid down the lineup instead. It might simply be a guy who felt like he was a scoring winger finally realizing what it takes to be a very good bottom sixer, and then making the most of his top six opportunity when he got it again.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Calling something weak a p***y is kind of out of date in my opinion. I mean if you ask me they are actually very strong. Pushing out a baby. I mean we almost die pushing out abtiby kidney stone. Now testicles, those are weak. One flick and down to the ground you go. So really hould be saying man that guy really plays like a testicle.
Hahaha, this is amazing. 10/10.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad