A Detailed Look at Why Crosby is the Undisputed MVP Winner...

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
But isn't Rob Rossi an idiot? that is what i have heard from pens fans.

i agree about the MVP and best in the world part though.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Is there debate going on somewhere?

I don't really get this. Crosby is the undisputed best player on planet. Is there something new to this article?

TANK200

Nov 13, 2007
Why Crosby is the undisputed MVP winner...

because he has way more points than anyone else.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
i want someone to do the same thing for nyquist.

nah, im kidding, crosby is obviously the mvp this year.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Of course he is. It's not even close

I'm not sure what the Pens dealing with injuries has to do with that though. Every team has to deal with injuries.

The Penguins lead the league in man games lost to injury by a massive margin, including injuries to key players like Malkin, Letang, Vokoun, Martin, Dupuis, Neal etc.

eliostar

May 28, 2008
Toronto
The Penguins lead the league in man games lost to injury by a massive margin, including injuries to key players like Malkin, Letang, Vokoun, Martin, Dupuis, Neal etc.

Woe is me , every team has injuries. btw wasn't Pittsburgh also winning when Crosby was out?
Since Crosby is getting the credit for the team winning will he also get the blame when they get knocked out early, I'm sure the rest of the team will have to take that abuse.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I always enjoy hearing someone claim something is "undisputed" in order to end a dispute.

Crosby being the best player in the game is quite undisputed. With MVPs, their can and most often will be some fair debate.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I always enjoy hearing someone claim something is "undisputed" in order to end a dispute.

Crosby being the best player in the game is quite undisputed. With MVPs, their can and most often will be some fair debate.

this year there really isn't any fair debate. Though the injuries have little or nothing to do with it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Woe is me , every team has injuries. btw wasn't Pittsburgh also winning when Crosby was out?

What? You don't think injuries factor into Hart trophy consideration? He has factored in on 43% of his teams offense, far more than any other player. On a team that has been injured far more than any other team. He's had a revolving door of right wingers all season.

When was Crosby out this season? He has played every game. I assume you are taking about 2 years ago when Malkin won the MVP? Malkin deserved the MVP because he took an injured Penguins team and led them into a high seed while dominating his peers in scoring. Just like Crosby is this season, both deserve MVPs for that. If Crosby was out this season they would certainly not be looking at home ice advantage in the playoffs this year, this isn't a great Penguins team this year.

Hell, take context away from every players case for the Hart trophy and Crosby would still win it this season by virtue of being by far the best player. Oh wait that's what the Lindsay award is, and he's about to win that as well for the 2nd straight year...

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
can someone point me to the section of the article that explains what a joke the Hart trophy is? I cant find it. It was everywhere last year.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Good job he has has a 2 time Art Ross winner to help him out.

The only people disputing his MVP status are those who cling to the idea that in order to win it, you have to play for a terrible team and just be the best player on that terrible team. In other words, no one from a team that already has a playoff spot should apply, because it is more valuable to just lead your horrible piece of garbage team marginally into the playoffs than to lead your team to another dominating season of hockey.

Posters like this one above cling to that belief. Why? Because his guy makes no one around him better. He is a one-trick pony, and when no one around him can play with a guy like that because he does not know the meaning of a team game, the best thing to do is look at other teams and criticize the fact that two or more players actually play together to enjoy team success.

Washington has the players to be a better team, they just don't play as a team. They are too busy feeding Mr. Show one-timers and celebrating another worthless Richard trophy.

The media may buy into what he is saying and vote for a one-dimensional hot dog again, but the players won't. The Hart is now a joke. Thus, another Lindsay for Crosby.

Edit - Tripod may not be a Caps' fan, I don't know. But I know a lot of people who believe what he is saying are Ovy people.

Last edited:

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
The only people disputing his MVP status are those who cling to the idea that in order to win it, you have to play for a terrible team and just be the best player on that terrible team. In other words, no one from a team that already has a playoff spot should apply, because it is more valuable to just lead your horrible piece of garbage team marginally into the playoffs than to lead your team to another dominating season of hockey.

Posters like this one above cling to that belief. Why? Because his guy makes no one around him better. He is a one-trick pony, and when no one around him can play with a guy like that because he does not know the meaning of a team game, the best thing to do is look at other teams and criticize the fact that two or more players actually play together to enjoy team success.

Washington has the players to be a better team, they just don't play as a team. They are too busy feeding Mr. Show one-timers and celebrating another worthless Richard trophy.

The media may buy into what he is saying and vote for a one-dimensional hot dog again, but the players won't. The Hart is now a joke. Thus, another Lindsay for Crosby.

:handclap:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Crosby has been the best player this year
Crosby is going to win the Hart, Art Ross and Pearson

Great season by Sidney.

Edit - Tripod may not be a Caps' fan, I don't know. But I know a lot of people who believe what he is saying are Ovy people.

Guess Crosbys trophies will be worthless as well when Pens are eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?

It's also hilarious you are such a hater..

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Crosby has been the best player this year
Crosby is going to win the Hart, Art Ross and Pearson

Great season by Sidney.

Guess Crosbys trophies will be worthless as well when Pens are eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?

It's also hilarious you are such a hater..

Agreed with everything except for one; I truly believe that Bergeron is a dark horse for the Pearson. I know it is a long shot (and should be given Crosby's play) but I can see a lot of NHL players voting for Bergeron and the season he is having.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Agreed with everything except for one; I truly believe that Bergeron is a dark horse for the Pearson. I know it is a long shot (and should be given Crosby's play) but I can see a lot of NHL players voting for Bergeron and the season he is having.

Why? Bergeron's great defence doesn't make up the 40 point difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad