Post-Game Talk: A convincing loss

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Holloway, Broberg, next years first, Akey. Should all be on the table.
They have more value to us than to other teams. Broberg is heading towards bust category, Holloway has not proven much, Akey is a prospect most have barely scene got injured this year and we are over valuing him. our first next will be around 25th overall.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Can we stop playing Mcdavid and Drai together 5v5? I mean with the new additions there’s so many line combos that should be tried out to make this team deeper. Watching those two constantly make dumb ass passes to one another gets old fast.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They have more value to us than to other teams. Broberg is heading towards bust category, Holloway has not proven much, Akey is a prospect most have barely scene got injured this year and we are over valuing him. our first next will be around 25th overall.
We aren’t trading for prime Pronger though.

Carrier and Eberle should be doable.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Can we stop playing Mcdavid and Drai together 5v5? I mean with the new additions there’s so many line combos that should be tried out to make this team deeper. Watching those two constantly make dumb ass passes to one another gets old fast.
So I think the plan is to play together. Leon hasn’t been good enough to drive his own line

Reactions: Yuke

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not this year it won't and I can see them trading it next year. Matter of fact, until McDra are done.:D

Would be nice to have competent mangement like Dallas and nail the draft with youngsters like Stankoven, Johnston, Robertson, and Thomas Harley etc, and then sign Matt Duchene as a UFA, while we draft Broberg, Holloway and make the big signing of Connor Brown.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Give me:
RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Henrique -Draisaitl-Eberle

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Carrier
Kulak Desharnais.
I want Eberle. Move Foegele to make it happen for cap reasons if necessary. Eberle is known for his clutch goals and is still a pretty good scoring threat. Much rather have a guy like that on the roster.

Reactions: McAsuno

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Team: We love Foegele and Ceci! We are a good team! Minor moves only please!

Holland: ok. I trade for two upgrades in the bottom 6 and a #7/8 RH D. Kulak, Foegele, Ceci, Holloway all stay.

Team: immediately takes a giant crap on the ice.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not a good night for both him and Leo. Turnovers galore. I know Leo has that one timer, but Connor constantly trying to pass to him (especially on the PP) is tiresome. The PKERS know who he always attempts to pass the puck to.

There is no movement at all anymore on the PP. Goes up and down the umbrella, but slowly. Each guy takes a second to look around and do nothing. Nobody else moving on the ice in the interim. Eventually McDavjd tries to force one over, or Leon tries a low % one timer from a bad position and it’s out.

Rinse and repeat. The point shots have basically stopped now for absolutely no reason other than individual stupidity and lack of execution. I think they need to change the positioning of some of the players on PP1 to force them out of their comfort area and make them move.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Bouchard was terrible all night, his give a shit meter in his own end is a joke. Ekholm had his warts tonight as well and then there’s Ceci.
Ceci has to be dealt tomorrow for a steady upgrade.
We ain’t winning the cup with these 3 goalies either, Holland better keep working the phone.
Agreed with all of this.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
So I think the plan is to play together. Leon hasn’t been good enough to drive his own line
The problem is when that happens, McDavid gets the two best wingers and Draisaitl gets a rotating cast of shit. Why not at least give him one of RNH or Hyman? Something like RHN-Draisaitl-Foegele has looked good in the past and can work. McDavid still gets the connection with Hyman, which has been fire this year. Nuge has been kind of redundant on that line, but will help Draisaitl to make plays on the second line. If Sleepy Holland could have procured a second-line winger, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

• Love
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

VerdadII

Mar 7, 2024
Can we simply agree that Holland is a total incompetent.
Losing to Columbus is an abject disgrace.
Nurse is so horrific, and yet no will to flush him off the team.

Too much to hope that Holland flushes the garbage out of this team.
Instead he adds more of it, via Anahiem.

Unbearably sad.

One can only hope that Nurse is at least on waivers by noon tomorrow.

When does accountabilty ever come to the Oilers.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I didn’t watch but admittedly I wasn’t surprised we lost. Two new guys in the room. New team jitters for new guys. We can’t seem to find lines that work. Yadda yadda yadda

Columbus has beat some good teams lately.

Sounds we had zero effort and Pickard was meh.

On to the next for the back to backs.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

Unbearably sad.

"Abject disgrace"...that's a phrase I haven't heard in awhile!

Welcome back, banned poster! We hardly missed you lol

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Unbearably sad.

Been a minute.

Reactions: TB12

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

Unbearably sad.

bait.gif

Good for Colimbus. Their fans acting like they just won the Stanley Cup.
They have so little lol

Reactions: TB12

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Still boggles my mind that this lineup is tops int he Pacific.

I love shitting on them, but they work much much harder than Edmonton game to game. They have high shooting %, but get a lot of goals off hard work

Höglander. Pettersson. Suter.
Mikheyev. Miller. Boeser.
Podkolzin. Lindholm. Garland.
PDG. Blueger. Lafferty.
objectively better coaching and team systems. You watch breakdowns of how these guys move and distribute in the o zone. Constantly swinging and rotating with each other up to to trick defenses and create lanes. It looks like we have no actual system when we get in the zone.

Oh, and a little someone named hughes. The closest offensive dman we have is Bouch, but he really only has a great shot. We get zero offense from our blueline because we have zero mobility and ability to beat someone up top. It leads to the forwards needing to do everything and us just playing with the puck in the corners with no real options to do anything.

Until we actually get some mobility and skill on the blueline, we will never take that next step

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad