Blue Jays Discussion: A 7-run lead is the most dangerous lead in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DJ Davis during Michael Wacha (flocka flame)'s post season run two years ago was fun.

Jake Anderson gets a lot of love too. In all seriousness, the complaints tend to come from position players more than pitching. Even the Shanerbird's of the world would acknowledge the pitching pipeline has been well stocked.

Didn't those go extinct with the Dodo? :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Don't forget when we didn't sign Bickford either and we selected Stroman. People up in arms over a low upside bullpen guy who would never last with his size... oh, wait.

But Stroman didn't last. He's not pitching this year. We should've known that an undersized bullpen guy wouldn't be able to handle the rigors of spring training bunting drills.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jake Anderson gets a lot of love too. In all seriousness, the complaints tend to come from position players more than pitching. Even the Shanerbird's of the world would acknowledge the pitching pipeline has been well stocked.

What happened with Anderson? He's played 3 games in the past 2 years, injuries?

Notes from extended spring...

The only other hitter to note is Jacob Anderson. Anderson just had 43 AB's and hit .233 with an OPS of .769. It will be interesting to see where he is assigned.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Lineup:
Reyes
Donaldson
Bautista
EE
Colabello
Martin
Carrera
Goins
Copeland

Copeland v Harvey

Notes:
- Rest day for Pillar
- Plan is to give most regulars a day off or DH in the next week.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What happened with Anderson? He's played 3 games in the past 2 years, injuries?

Notes from extended spring...

There's like nothing on him. The fact that he never got another go around and wasn't released leads me to believe he was dealing with something though.

Honestly I thought he was gone until Batter's Box released that info.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
AA was considering stroman+AA player for bud norris. Lynch mob time!!

Refused to discuss trading Sanchez

This is courtesy of the hacking St.Louis cardinals

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
During the past 12-15 hours I've read a lot stuff along these lines:

* Gibbons is an idiot
* Cecil should be drawn and quartered
* Valencia is terrible
* The Jays will suck in the post season because they can't hit ace starters
* Dickey sucks
* Last night's game (in which the Jays tied the game late off the closer, took the lead and extras and then lost on a couple of bizarre events) was an absolute "disgrace."

Yep, mild panic has set in.

I actually think aside from one person everyone was pretty even kneel. Half the things you said were said by him and half were said by me but not in the context of criticizing last game. You forgot Reyes though. He was destroyed after the error.. a little to my surprise given hes played so well of late

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
When I pointed out last night the reason ace pitchers are aces is because they're really good and generally shut down all hitters the response was the line about struggling in the post season.

I guess other post season teams have magic potions that allow them to hit ace pitchers.

I said i heard that argument presented of baseball network and ive heard people say it before. I dont know if there any truth to it although i assumed its harder to hit great pitching if you take an XBH approach all the time.

You are putting words in my mouth lol. I already explained what i said

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
DJ Davis during Michael Wacha (flocka flame)'s post season run two years ago was fun.

My biggest why pick during this aa realm is the first round selection of Tyler Gonzalez who was brutal in Vancouver for his one season I believe and then just walked away from baseball. Hated the pick when it happened and still do today. Deck I can understand that pick at least. Gonzalez was just a giant red flag from day one

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
AA was considering stroman+AA player for bud norris. Lynch mob time!!

Refused to discuss trading Sanchez

He told him he "had a couple balls in the air and would get back to him." Probably a polite way of saying hell ****ing no lol.

Apparently the Pirates said they'd consider Glasnow for Norris. I know Glasnow has taken big strides since, but man that would've been a coup for Houston.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
My biggest why pick during this aa realm is the first round selection of Tyler Gonzalez who was brutal in Vancouver for his one season I believe and then just walked away from baseball. Hated the pick when it happened and still do today. Deck I can understand that pick at least. Gonzalez was just a giant red flag from day one

The Jays picked 4 times before even selecting Gonzales. How was he a first rounder?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The Jays picked 4 times before even selecting Gonzales. How was he a first rounder?

compensation round which is often also considered part of the first round. We had 2 first rounders and 3 comp picks, that was back when the comp system was different.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
compensation round which is often also considered part of the first round. We had 2 first rounders and 3 comp picks, that was back when the comp system was different.

And that was pick 60? You might as well call it the second round. He was a "reach", but he offered projection and upside as he flashed two potential plus offerings out of highschool. A lot of the times those picks don't work out, but it's a flier that AA's staff has been willing to take (see Norris, Sanchez, Brentz).

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
And that was pick 60? You might as well call it the second round. He was a "reach", but he offered projection and upside as he flashed two potential plus offerings out of highschool. A lot of the times those picks don't work out, but it's a flier that AA's staff has been willing to take (see Norris, Sanchez, Brentz).

Maybe I should have said first comp round. I just hated the pick. He was said to have a full effort delivery that wasn't good. I believe I remember seeing something along the lines of a likely tj candidate if it wasn't corrected. It's not a slight on the jays or their drafting. Just the post I responded to said they didn't really miss to much on pitchers that it was more weak positional drafting. I was simply illustrating a high pick that busted quickly who also happened to be a pitcher. Doesn't change the fact that I didn't like the pick when it was made.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hoffman 5.2 IP, 9 hits, 3 runs(with runners on 1st and 2nd), 3 walks, 1 K.

1st time pitching into the 6th. Got 3 double plays, and a caught stealing. I'd like a few more K's but it was a good start until the 6th when he gave up all his runs, and the contact wasn't all that hard. Oh well.

SRF was listed as the starter for today for Lansing but he goes tomorrow.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Urena went deep for his 11th of the year.

Alford who's been awful for the past week or 2 is 4 for 4, homerun away from the cycle.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
That baserunning blunder by Pillar is worse than all of Moises Sierra's baserunning blunders put together.

There, I said it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Another reliever I'm sure. We've gone to the pen pretty heavy the last couple games.

If Copeland goes down for a reliever you have to bring someone else up for the next start if Sanchez isn't ready which Gibby said he might not be. I wouldn't be against giving Boyd a shot. Copeland didn't look good today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad