Confirmed with Link: a 5th to ott for sanford

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’ll take a guy with Sanford’s skill over a fifth round pick every time. It looks like we might have a third liner or at worst a very good 4th liner. And a guy with some size and skill, who in one game has backchecked more than Scheifele has all year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think this is it -- Chevy has spent years dropping a 4th here, a 5th there, a 3rd and even 2nd there, and now we have a season's worth of complaints about how our thin prospect cupboard isn't getting it done. You want an in-house Copp-lite replacement? Look no further than the Apples/ Gus team. Want a big-bodied versatile player who might be able to get the job done on that 3rd or kick-start the 4th? Welcome, Mr Barron!

It isn't this 5th. It's all the 5ths -- and what has been the payoff? In this case, I suppose, the ideal is they Zach S can return to form and the Jets can extend him on s show-me for minimal cost. So we'll see.

And for the record, I doubt any casual fan read today's papers and thought,, "Man -- at last Chevy has landed Zach Sanford! Count me in for the rest of the season!" It may have been a low cost, but it was still a cost.

I'm happy to see Apples back, but I genuinely have no idea what Chevy's vision for this team is at this point. There seems to be so little logic in the moves that he makes. Maybe the offseason will clarify things.

It seems I am always waiting for the next break point to see Chevy clarify things. It would have been more clear right now if Chevy had been more aggressive at the TD, that is at least selling Stastny and not picking up a rental in Sanford.

That said, Sanford looked OK tonight, especially for a player who hasn't had any time to adjust to a new team yet. Maybe they hope he will fit and they will re-sign him.

Reactions: JetsUK and GNP

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I’ll take a guy with Sanford’s skill over a fifth round pick every time. It looks like we might have a third liner or at worst a very good 4th liner. And a guy with some size and skill, who in one game has backchecked more than Scheifele has all year.

Fair enough. He sure looked like a guy who was happy for the change of scenery and ready to make the most of it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Nice to have for the rest of the year but I'm thinking he walks in the summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad