_____ can beat John Scott

bostone737

Jun 21, 2011
Toronto
Scott beat Parros before. Parros threw one, Scott literally grabbed Parros fist, mid punch, pushed it aside, and then landed a hard right on Parros' jaw, knocking him down, and winning the fight.

McGratton would give Scott a good run.

Reaves? Maybe, if he got in close, otherwise Scott would keep him to the outside with his reach and throw bombs. I mean, Reaves strikes me as a bit of a dirty fighter - throwing punches at the back of Scott's head, who was on the ice. I like Reaves though. Tough kid.

Scott would beat Kassian, too.

Thornton said no to Scott. Twice. Scott called Thornton out in the media after Thornton ran his mouth off about the Hawks being mouthy. Scott said something along the lines of, "Tell him to find me on the ice, and I'll beat the **** out of him."

And to those claiming that Carkner beat Boogaard, Carkner beat a drugged out, overweight, out of shape, banged up Boogaard, not the Boogaard that people were scared of from 2005-2010. And if you call body slamming Boogaard (who landed on his head, causing him the concussion that lead to his untimely death - RIP) onto the ice, a win, then I disagree.

your forgetting to mention an awful lot of that story eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Also, I really like Shawn Thornton but that is a big time mismatch. Thornton had enough trouble with a small guy like Carcillo

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Scott beat Parros before. Parros threw one, Scott literally grabbed Parros fist, mid punch, pushed it aside, and then landed a hard right on Parros' jaw, knocking him down, and winning the fight.

Reaves? Maybe, if he got in close, otherwise Scott would keep him to the outside with his reach and throw bombs. I mean, Reaves strikes me as a bit of a dirty fighter - throwing punches at the back of Scott's head, who was on the ice. I like Reaves though. Tough kid.

Thornton said no to Scott. Twice. Scott called Thornton out in the media after Thornton ran his mouth off about the Hawks being mouthy. Scott said something along the lines of, "Tell him to find me on the ice, and I'll beat the **** out of him."And to those claiming that Carkner beat Boogaard, Carkner beat a drugged out, overweight, out of shape, banged up Boogaard, not the Boogaard that people were scared of from 2005-2010. And if you call body slamming Boogaard (who landed on his head, causing him the concussion that lead to his untimely death - RIP) onto the ice, a win, then I disagree.

Scott was a healthy scratch that game when he called out thornton last year. This year at the beginning of the season they didn't fight but I didn't see scott offer than either. Not saying he didn't.. but I don't think thornton is scared of anyone.. not saying he would've won.

BudMovin*

Thornton said no to Scott. Twice. Scott called Thornton out in the media after Thornton ran his mouth off about the Hawks being mouthy. Scott said something along the lines of, "Tell him to find me on the ice, and I'll beat the **** out of him."

And to those claiming that Carkner beat Boogaard, Carkner beat a drugged out, overweight, out of shape, banged up Boogaard, not the Boogaard that people were scared of from 2005-2010. And if you call body slamming Boogaard (who landed on his head, causing him the concussion that lead to his untimely death - RIP) onto the ice, a win, then I disagree.

Thornton initiated and dropped them with Boogaard...Don't think there is anyone in the league that he wouldn't drop em with if the time called for it.

Note: I am not saying Thornton would beat Scott. Just dispelling the notion that he wouldn't drop them out of fear.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

This is one of the dumbest things i have ever read, did you watch that game? - Scott didn't do a damn thing that entire game, it's also ironic that Scott calls Thornton out for running his mouth, then proceeds to do the same thing.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I did watch the game. This was said before the game happened. I agree, nothing happened. I'm just quoting what was said.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

You forgot to mention that Carkner also broke Boogaard's nose with a bomb before the body slam. Carkner was on a nice run at the time with strong win's against Boogaard/Godard/Thornton all within a month.

traditionalhockey

Jan 15, 2007
www.hockeyfansunite.com
This Parros? Surely you jest

This is goofy. EVERY fighter loses one every now and then. I can list off a bunch of tough guys that loss to lesser competition (e.g. Salvador beating Thornton, Probert losing to Naz and Tamer, etc.). Every fighter eventually takes an unexpected loss. So me tossing out Parros, even though Scott beat him, is fine. Parros has the potential to beat Scott.

If we wanted a more serious thread, we'd have one titled "_____ can beat Brian McGrattan." Because, right now, McGrattan is the champ. Carkner is second. And Scott is third.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
This is goofy. EVERY fighter loses one every now and then. I can list off a bunch of tough guys that loss to lesser competition (e.g. Salvador beating Thornton, Probert losing to Naz and Tamer, etc.). Every fighter eventually takes an unexpected loss. So me tossing out Parros, even though Scott beat him, is fine. Parros has the potential to beat Scott.

If we wanted a more serious thread, we'd have one titled "_____ can beat Brian McGrattan." Because, right now, McGrattan is the champ. Carkner is second. And Scott is third.

That wasn't your run of the mill loss. Parros got KO'ed.

cashman rules*

Also, I really like Shawn Thornton but that is a big time mismatch. Thornton had enough trouble with a small guy like Carcillo
Thornton has went with the biggest and the best and did well in the process.Scott is overblown when it comes to fighting and his fight record is terrible.Carcillo?:laugh:Everybody gets edged out once and awhile in fighting but there's at least 15 to 20 guys that will fight him if he is capable of dropping his gloves that are glued on him.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Thornton has went with the biggest and the best and did well in the process.Scott is overblown when it comes to fighting and his fight record is terrible.Carcillo?:laugh:Everybody gets edged out once and awhile in fighting but there's at least 15 to 20 guys that will fight him if he is capable of dropping his gloves that are glued on him.

His fight record is terrible? He's like 21-0 in his NHL career.

Thornton didn't get edged out by Carcillo, Carcillo dropped him. And I agree Carcillo isn't a great fighter. With his size he'd probably be considered a middle weight.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
A healthy Orr, Big Mac, or McGrattan all could certainly hold their own against Scott. Shawn Thornton? A great middleweight that can throw with heavies. He doesn't stand a chance against the elite heavies.

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007

Get your facts straight. Thornton never said no to Scott. After running his gums last year from the pressbox, Scott didn't back anything up. Thornton asked him to fight this year right after Campbell fought mayers, an Scott declined.

Scott is the most overrated fighter in the league. His fight card is complete junk, and shouldn't even be considered a top 10 fighter in the league. There are many guys that would beat him problem is he fights middleweights more often than not.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Carkner.

Carkner destroyed and put Orr on the shelf, which Orr never did to Carkner.

Orr got beat up a few times by Deryk Engelland. Engelland lost to Carkner.

It's all about match-ups and Orr matches up better with Carkner (2 Ws, 1 L, 1 D), and doesn't match up well with Engelland (or anybody of relevance nowadays for that matter).

Again, it's all subjective, just to show how flawed your argument is when it comes to hockey fights (a skilled "profession"). Much like hockey itself, hockey fights are also about match ups where some do better against others given their respective style of fighting.

Carkner didn't put Orr out, Orr hitting his head on the ice put him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad