_____ can beat John Scott

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
Who do you think it will be? Personally, wtih the unfortunate events in loosing Belak and Boogard it seems as if there isnt a guy who can throw em with Scott. BUT, IMO I think Joe Finley from Buffalo, who is 6'7/6'8 is capable of giving John Scott a good fight and possibly handing him a loss.

How about you guys?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
There are lots of guys that could beat him, anyone that has been in fights know that...its the nature of fighting. You get tied up, a guy lands a lucky punch, you fall off balance, these things happen. I don't think there is anyone that is going to consistently dominate him in a series of fights however.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
problem with Scott is, hes absolutely atrocious on the ice. There is no benefit to fighting him, and being that hes so big one big punch could send a guy out for the season.

bottom line, its not worth fighting the guy unless you are trying to prove a point, or you have a deathwish (Brassard).

He isnt the type that will throw a cheap shot because he mostly cant catch you to throw it. And because hes absolutely an awful hockey player, him taking 2/5 minute penalties solo to try and intimdate people will result in him being in the minors.

He enforces in the same way George Laraque did, whereas the intimidation needs to be enough, cause hes not likely to go looking for you, he will wait for you to come to him. And there is no reason to goto him.

But seriously, he would absolutely wreck Chara. Chara would hug-on for dear life and pray Scott doesnt get an arm free.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
problem with Scott is, hes absolutely atrocious on the ice. There is no benefit to fighting him, and being that hes so big one big punch could send a guy out for the season.

bottom line, its not worth fighting the guy unless you are trying to prove a point, or you have a deathwish (Brassard).

He isnt the type that will throw a cheap shot because he mostly cant catch you to throw it. And because hes absolutely an awful hockey player, him taking 2/5 minute penalties solo to try and intimdate people will result in him being in the minors.

He enforces in the same way George Laraque did, whereas the intimidation needs to be enough, cause hes not likely to go looking for you, he will wait for you to come to him. And there is no reason to goto him.

But seriously, he would absolutely wreck Chara. Chara would hug-on for dear life and pray Scott doesnt get an arm free.

Scott could definitely cheap shot guys around the net and run goalies and the like but you are right, he's not that kind of player. Lately he's gone out and grabbed guys who have taken runs at Hawks players though (Stabitz last year, Englland this year) but you are right usually he waits for guys to come to him and there is no reason to go find him which is why what Dorsett did was so hilarious.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Unfortunately, Mac doesn't play - McGrattan i really think would give Scott a solid run.

Chara would throw two jersey jabs, then fall...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Carkner.

Carkner could barely beat Orr (only did once)

Carkner destroyed and put Orr on the shelf, which Orr never did to Carkner.

Orr got beat up a few times by Deryk Engelland. Engelland lost to Carkner.

It's all about match-ups and Orr matches up better with Carkner (2 Ws, 1 L, 1 D), and doesn't match up well with Engelland (or anybody of relevance nowadays for that matter).

Again, it's all subjective, just to show how flawed your argument is when it comes to hockey fights (a skilled "profession"). Much like hockey itself, hockey fights are also about match ups where some do better against others given their respective style of fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
McGrattan, MacIntyre, and probably Matt Kassian could beat Scott. Hell, Cam Janssen gave him a run for his money last year.

And Joe Finely definitely can't beat Scott. The only thing Finely has going for him is his fight. Other than that, he's about as good as fighting as Hal Gill.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
What he said. Add Matt Kassian. Even Parros and/or Thornton could beat him. If Scott wants to be "The Champ" he's going to have to beat McGrattan.

Although the list of possibles out there is pretty thin, his heavyweight fight card is pretty weak at this point.

Scott beat Parros before. Parros threw one, Scott literally grabbed Parros fist, mid punch, pushed it aside, and then landed a hard right on Parros' jaw, knocking him down, and winning the fight.

McGratton would give Scott a good run.

Reaves? Maybe, if he got in close, otherwise Scott would keep him to the outside with his reach and throw bombs. I mean, Reaves strikes me as a bit of a dirty fighter - throwing punches at the back of Scott's head, who was on the ice. I like Reaves though. Tough kid.

Scott would beat Kassian, too.

Thornton said no to Scott. Twice. Scott called Thornton out in the media after Thornton ran his mouth off about the Hawks being mouthy. Scott said something along the lines of, "Tell him to find me on the ice, and I'll beat the **** out of him."

And to those claiming that Carkner beat Boogaard, Carkner beat a drugged out, overweight, out of shape, banged up Boogaard, not the Boogaard that people were scared of from 2005-2010. And if you call body slamming Boogaard (who landed on his head, causing him the concussion that lead to his untimely death - RIP) onto the ice, a win, then I disagree.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
What he said. Add Matt Kassian. Even Parros and/or Thornton could beat him. If Scott wants to be "The Champ" he's going to have to beat McGrattan.

Although the list of possibles out there is pretty thin, his heavyweight fight card is pretty weak at this point.

This Parros? Surely you jest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad