Prospect Info: #96 Tyce Thompson RW

Camille the Eel

I would love, love this scenario.

Really cannot see McLeod on a contending version of this team.
Yes. You need more points from even a 4th line center than he can produce, even with the penalty killing and the face-offs and the other niche things he brings. The speed in the ensemble, which is impressive. But he's had a long long look here and you know what he can and can't do and he's not a 3d or 4th line center on a winning team.

Reactions: Oneiro

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
His brother, Tage, is having a major breakout season with Buffalo. Let’s hope there is a genetic component here like the Hughes’ and not the Niedermayers. Lol…my brother is a Sabres fan and had come close to giving up on this player. I’m noticing a trend in which players around 24 or 25 are taking their games to a new level. Plenty of examples- one that is coming to mind for some reason is Adrian Kempe on the Kings. Bottom line- NHL is not like NFL where kids can come in and dominate right away. It often takes 3, 4 or even 5 or 6 seasons before these young players can even scratch their true potential. Patience, my friends.

Camille the Eel

His brother, Tage, is having a major breakout season with Buffalo. Let’s hope there is a genetic component here like the Hughes’ and not the Niedermayers. Lol…my brother is a Sabres fan and had come close to giving up on this player. I’m noticing a trend in which players around 24 or 25 are taking their games to a new level. Plenty of examples- one that is coming to mind for some reason is Adrian Kempe on the Kings. Bottom line- NHL is not like NFL where kids can come in and dominate right away. It often takes 3, 4 or even 5 or 6 seasons before these young players can even scratch their true potential. Patience, my friends.
Tice seemed to have been growing and gaining weight and strength last fall - Tage is a big dude - and Tice also seemed to be playing very aggressively before he got hurt. So yes, there’s some hope that Tice may step up and surprise us when he returns.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Really cannot see McLeod on a contending version of this team.
I'm not sure about that. It'll be a nice discussion to have if we are ever in a contending position.

He's got his warts, but he's also got some great attributes that fly under the radar around the league. He is just 24 and presumably hitting his prime years right now. He essentially has 2 seasons' worth of games played.

Unless you're a superstar team, you will have some holes. He's got aspects to his game that makes him a fine 4th line center - with potential to be a very good one.

Sorry - side tangent for Tyce thread.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That would be a fantastic outcome for him. Is there something about his game that stands out to you or just a hunch?
I own him in a dynasty league and I just like his overall game. I wont be trading him anytime soon
I think he will become a solid 2nd line winger at some point in his career and if I learned anything after moving Tage patients is key lol

and a gut feeling

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What do you think he projects to be ? Possible top 6 guy? Can he play a bottom 6 type game if need be ? Hoping the kid can break out. I haven’t watched him much at all. What are his strengths ? Read he has a good shot / release ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad