91 Leaves Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This hurts. I feel so bad for Vladi. It is getting to the point where you have to wonder if his shoulder will ever fully heal.

Reactions: mk80

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Fortunately this shouldn't be a severe confidence blow for the team...Blues won the West without him this season. They've still got to like their chances; though with a healthy Tarasenko you'd think they'd like their chances more.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Seems unlikely he will be back this postseason. He was unable to play effectively last game in the condition it was in, much worse than earlier games, so certainly seems like something may have happened. Hopefully he makes full recovery.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I feel so bad for Vladi. He definitely didn't look like himself the last against the Canucks, but thought he seemed to be on track in the game against Vegas. Hopefully this is nothing major and they want him to consult with the doctor as a precaution. If it is another major shoulder injury then it could mean he's done for good. :(

Hank Hull

Aug 12, 2020
A lot to take in from this news:

In the long term, you just have to hope for his sake that it's not a career-ending injury. In the medium term, one can't help but wonder if him going back on LTIR gives us the cap room to bridge Petro until the cap (hopefully) rises in 2021.

In the short term, I don't think this affects our Cup chances in the hub. We were arguably the best in the West without him and looked great the last couple games, so I expect the young guys to step up in his absence.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Not really surprised. Shoulders are one of the worst joints when it comes to re-injury. See it in football all the time. I'm guessing it is more precautionary than anything and it makes the decision easier that we've been pretty darn good without him during the regular/post season. No point in risking further injury.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Poor Vladi.

I have grown to love the guy; his joy for the game is infectious and he’s a fantastic ambassador (see Ari and basically everything he did during the parade last year). Not an ounce of “me first” in him. Just a great dude and a great Blue. Hope he can recover and get back on top with us.

One thought and one question:

- this obviously doesn’t impact us in the short term based on the last two games. In fact, it might solve more problems than it causes. And I hate to say that.
- if he has to go on LTIR for another surgery that takes it into 2020-2021 season...does that improve our cap situation to re-sign Petro?

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The Blues will persevere but very ominous for Tarasenko. Seems career threatening. How many times can you operate on the same shoulder of a professional athlete?

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I love Tarasenko, one of my favorite all-time Blues, but to be completely honest we play better as a team with him out of the lineup. I've said it more than once, I've had the same surgery on each of my shoulders, and they have never been the same. I can only imagine having multiple surgeries on the same shoulder and how much more difficult it would be in terms of recovery. Hoping it is just a strain and he's ready to get back in the lineup next season, but I wouldn't expect much of anything for the rest of this year.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Poor Vladi.

I have grown to love the guy; his joy for the game is infectious and he’s a fantastic ambassador (see Ari and basically everything he did during the parade last year). Not an ounce of “me first” in him. Just a great dude and a great Blue. Hope he can recover and get back on top with us.

One thought and one question:

- this obviously doesn’t impact us in the short term based on the last two games. In fact, it might solve more problems than it causes. And I hate to say that.
- if he has to go on LTIR for another surgery that takes it into 2020-2021 season...does that improve our cap situation to re-sign Petro?
If he needs another surgery, he will likely have a 9-12 month recovery timeline. Even on the short end of that, it would put him squarely at or near the end of next year's regular season.

If more surgery is needed, I think the best-case scenario is that he returns for next season's playoffs, which would absolutely open up the space to sign Petro. Sadly, if he needs more surgery, I think his career could very well be over.

Reactions: 67Blues

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If he needs another surgery, he will likely have a 9-12 month recovery timeline. Even on the short end of that, it would put him squarely at or near the end of next year's regular season.

If more surgery is needed, I think the best-case scenario is that he returns for next season's playoffs, which would absolutely open up the space to sign Petro. Sadly, if he needs more surgery, I think his career could very well be over.
A healthy Tarasenko in the lineup makes the Blues offense much more deadly. That being said, the current Tarasenko, who is playing at 50% capability is more of a detriment. I'd rather him sit and come back 100% or not play at all. As someone who has had chronic shoulder issues from too many hits, it affects you significantly. It very well could be career limiting which devalues him to the team significantly.

Juicemeister

Jul 21, 2020
The team is definitely feeling his loss. Outside of the O’Reilly line, no other line has looked like they’ve really out played their matchup and a healthy Tarasenko would really help that Schenn unit.

I hope whatever happens for him personally it’s in his best interest long-term. Two recent surgeries on the same shoulder and it was hurt in the finals last. Unfortunately could spell the end of his career because of the health risks.

Hope for the best and that he’ll fully recover because Tarasenko is an amazing hockey player and the Blues don’t win a championship without him. Although I’d assume he doesn’t return to Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad