• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone watching The Lost Symbol? Holy curveball batman

Zachary is Mal’akh

I read that there will be 10 episodes and we’re now at ep. 6. I was going to wait til all the episodes are in and then binge watch it.

How do you like it so far?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Reading Michael Lewis new book about the pandemic and god damn there is some eye opening stuff in there about how woefully unprepared we were even if we were ranked 1st as the country most suited to handle a pandemic.
I’d figure Japan would be the country best suited to handle a pandemic, what with SARS hitting them not too long ago and whatnot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reading Michael Lewis new book about the pandemic and god damn there is some eye opening stuff in there about how woefully unprepared we were even if we were ranked 1st as the country most suited to handle a pandemic.

Canada was also unprepared — they stupidly shut down, downsized and/or sold to foreign interests, their pharmaceutical manufacturing capacity and research facilities when a shortsighted govt in power from years back acted as if there would be no new viruses in the future and thus there would be no need for facilities.

On this front, the end result was the same as for the US — no matter how many contracts Canada signed to secure vaccines when they would be made available, they soon found out that the countries that were developing and manufacturing vaccines, were only interested in distributing them to their citizens and didn’t care about violating agreements and commitments to do so.

Biggest takeaway was clear — you do not delegate the research and manufacturing capacity of critical medicine outside your borders. And you never downsize, privatize or close any labs and manufacturing facilities just because a new virus may not be on the immediate horizon.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Dune (Pt. 1) was awesome.

I’m thrilled that they split the movie into 2 parts. 1 movie would’ve been a mess…like the movie from the 80’s was.

This was a cool scene:
B45A282D-D81E-4958-A579-E0CC84D7BE9E.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So I finally read something and still get berated. You wonder why I don't read

You didn't get berated, you got pitied. And for what it's worth, it's Dan F***ing Brown, who is the actual worst. It's not a condemnation of you to react negatively to you reading it - it's a way of saying, quote, "Dan Brown is the f***ing WORST."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just read a story about a guy in Florida ( imagine that) who shot and killed a neighbor because his cat wandered into his yard. He has been charged with 2nd degree murder

At least he didn't shoot the cat, that's the important thing. I was watching "Line of Duty" the other day and a criminal killed a character's dog. That kind of shit is unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad