GDT: #9|Spooky Scary|Los Angeles Kings @ Pittsburgh Penguins|10.30.14|19:07 EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
You really think the entire organization just started saying it wrong all at once without being told to? To the point of corrected themselves when they say it the other way. "Sim-ohne. I mean Sy-mon, as he is now called" Bob Errey said that last game. That isn't a mistake.

I don't really know. But saying that he's been called "Sy-mon" his entire life is false. That's not how he's pronounced it in the past. The St. Johns fan that posted in this thread earlier said that their announcer asks every player how to pronounce their name and it was not pronounced the American way then. Any time I've heard him or a teammate say his name it's always been Seh-moan. When he was drafted, Shero said "Seh-moan," as did the draft day commentators. I don't know the reason for the change, but this is a new thing.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
does dupuis just not want to pass successfully to malkin? how can you fail three times in a row?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's a linguistic difference. Just like "Michel" to "Mike/Michael" for Therrien. "See-mon" is the French pronunciation, "Sy-mahn" or "Sy-mon" is the English pronunciation.

indeed. I said that earlier as the probable reason. Regardless of why he wants it said that way, its clear that Despres told them to say it this way.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
'Wait for an opening for a good clean hit'. Isn't that what you said? Gee, shouldn't they be doing that all the time anyway? So what's your answer for Geno confronted by 3 guys? Sid whacked and slashed all game. 'Beat them on the scoreboard'? lol You guys will never change, and never learn, even after YEARS of watching this ****

Well the whole thing started with me saying I don't want Downie to pick up his first suspension. I kind of feel like there's a middle ground between elbowing someone in the head and turning the other cheek. Maybe.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
'Wait for an opening for a good clean hit'. Isn't that what you said? Gee, shouldn't they be doing that all the time anyway? So what's your answer for Geno confronted by 3 guys? Sid whacked and slashed all game. 'Beat them on the scoreboard'? lol You guys will never change, and never learn, even after YEARS of watching this ****

No, that's not what I said. Again, you're making **** up. A fake quote this time. That is more likely to work on someone other than the person you are making up quotes for.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
You gotta give credit when it's due, but Fleury has been pretty good tonight. Sadly I expect an awful game from him on Saturday.

Sill has to get in a hit as well.

lornloxor

Jul 13, 2011
Veteran play by Adams. At least do something substantial if you're taking a penalty this late.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
would like to see Adams at least get his money's worth after all the kings stick work in this one

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No, no, no.

I'm all about intimidation, but not in this situation. All the Kings are doing is fishing for retaliation penalties. You do NOT indulge them now.

I'm not talking about retaliating against the offenders. I'm talking about hurting their stars and letting them know it won't be stood for, no matter the score.

Everybody knows it's open season on our guys. That has to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad