GDT: #9 Predators @ Sharks | 7:30pm PDT | NBCSN

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Deboer has said multiple times that he wants 5v5 success and the pp will be fine because of the talent. But it might be time to focus on it a bit. If we are only getting 1-2 a game we need to be efficient

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
marleau also had some really bad plays. guy's starting to stand out in a bad way.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
wingels again brought energy but made some infuriating mistakes. i'm not sure if he's just getting unlucky or what but he's just blowing up otherwise good plays with bonehead mistakes or just incredibly awful bounces.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
People need to stop making blind passes.

yup, or forced passes (or any bad pass) near the offensive blue line... especially on odd-man rushes.

But I was definitely happy with the effort tonight. I wasn't expecting it to be that close that late. If Rinne wasn't in as good of form or the Refs didn't miss so much it could've been much different.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Hertl needs to be playing more. Was probably our best forward tonight. At this point he is more effective than Marleau. Maybe try him on the first unit for Patty or Ward. It wasn't a bad game, had a pretty good pace but scoring chances were few and far between and neither team put up a ton of shots, which is why it seemed more boring than it was. Some of these goals Jones has been letting in are starting to scare me...

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
yup, or forced passes (or any bad pass) near the offensive blue line... especially on odd-man rushes.

But I was definitely happy with the effort tonight.

Yep. The bad passes were frustrating. They also need more shots on net and to fix the power play. But at least there was good effort for most of the game.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Agreed. mostly good effort against a really good team. Still trying to come together sans Cooter.

Can't we find someone to play other than Brown though?

It really wouldn't be hard. Brown's an AHL caliber player for the most part and we have better rookies like Carpenter sitting around.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Mike Brown needs to sit. Hertl needs to play more. Marleau needs to remember he isn't a rookie.

On a side note, Brent Burns is cementing his reputation as a high-maintainence defenseman.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, that would be my summary too. I've seen a lot lesser games vs the Perds in recent times.

They kept trying to pick corners when they should have just kept pounding Rinne. The Preds did a good job blocking and redirecting shots, I must admit.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
donskoi played a good game. i found it interesting that they kept talking about how his stick is as long as burns'. he used it to good effect against some very good players.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Sharks destroyed a bad team, sat half a week, then hung in very well against the top team in the west. I'm feeling okay. That seems like the kind of team they should be right now.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
What's pretty funny is that Shattenkirk wrote an article not too long ago on how the refs "respect" Weber and let him get away with penalties.

Sounds like corruption to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad