Bruins Classics GDT 9 PM NESN - 2011 ECQF Game 7 - BRUINS vs. Poutineville - Series tied 3-3

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Seids did a lot of falling/stumbling... almost Steve Heinze like.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

MQFxnym.gif
MQFxnym.gif
MQFxnym.gif
MQFxnym.gif

upload_2020-3-31_22-43-57.png

218153_1942957086324_8062164_n.jpg

201933_1943232413207_7178976_o.jpg

217387_1942952606212_6818874_n.jpg

221684_1942950446158_6647077_n.jpg

226671_1942943645988_5699267_n.jpg

221333_1943219572886_277546_o.jpg

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
‪This was the most egregious call of this entire run. Pathetic officiating.‬

That was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life (non-slewfoot division). It's hard to quantify how upset I was that *that* call might decide a playoff series.

And then Horton scored. And half the neighborhood might have been awakened (but somehow, the 4-year-old in the next room wasn't). It felt like all those demons from past years had been exorcised.

When we remember great Game 7 OT goals, we all remember Brad Park & "Bergeron, Bergeron," but this one often gets lost in the memory bank (but it eventually led to a Cup).

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life (non-slewfoot division). It's hard to quantify how upset I was that *that* call might decide a playoff series.

And then Horton scored. And half the neighborhood might have been awakened (but somehow, the 4-year-old in the next room wasn't). It felt like all those demons from past years had been exorcised.

When we remember great Game 7 OT goals, we all remember Brad Park & "Bergeron, Bergeron," but this one often gets lost in the memory bank (but it eventually led to a Cup).
I'll never forget this one, it's up there with Bergeron, actually it's probably better than it for me. Maybe I'm just too young for it but Brad Park's barely registers with me.

I just watched the highlights, and the refs were total garbage all night. That elbowing on Thornton in the first period, then the phantom high stick leading to the tying goal. Horrible.

The weird thing about Horton's goal is that it kind of just came out of nowhere. It wasn't a fast break like Yzerman's famous goal, it wasn't the result of sustained pressure like the Bergeron Bergeron goal. Just a simple boardside scrum in the run of play where the puck pops in the air to Lucic, who passes across the ice to Horton. It's not a one-timer, he held it just long enough to draw the defender down (I believe it was Halpern) and releases, it clips off the defender's skate and through Price. Boom.

I hate to give credit to a Hab, but Carey Price was phenomenal in that game and matched Thomas the whole way until OT. Timmy kept us alive in OT itself though, the Habs really had the better of play and had a few downright scary chances in it. f***ing Hal Gill found himself alone in the high slot somehow, if he scored I would've jumped off a building. There was another chance where the puck took some fluke bounce off someone and Timmy barely got his pad out to stop it from going in. That would've been a killer way to lose too. I think Seidenberg almost knocked it in our own net on a rebound too. History could've been absolutely changed by a matter of centimeters on some of these.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Being 100000% honest, even if they win more cups in my lifetime I don’t think I’ll ever love a team more than that one.
I’m with you on that one.

Beat Montreal in a Game 7 in OT.

Avenged the collapse against the Flyers.

Great seven game series against Tampa Bay.

A bloodbath/slugfest Stanley Cup Final.

What more could there possibly be? It would be nice if the NEXT Bruins Cup winner steam-rolled everyone and swept all four series, but THIS team was amazing.

Nine years later I remember the names of all the players. I LOVE those guys.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
One of my favorite memories was this game.

I was going to school on the North Shore, and found a pair of Club Seats on Craigslist for $99 each, 45 minutes before the game. Best seats I've ever had for a game.

Texted my friend, who was in, and bought 'em....with no way to get to the Commuter Rail stop.

Called all of my campus friends and hitched a ride, but missed the train that would've put me there before puck drop. I ended up getting in the building just after Recchi scored.

Realized in the 2nd period I needed a lift back to school, so I texted my roommate, and my phone promptly died. Thankfully he got the message and met me at the stop after the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad