Post-Game Talk: 9 games over

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I get what you're saying, and you guys definitely aren't wrong. But the fact is that probably as soon as next season we're back to normal divisions. Either we properly build a team that can compete year in and year out or we hope to sneak past all the real competition this year and pack it up for the foreseeable future.

Just how I interpret that. I think expecting a move as big as the ones (we need more than one) required to make this team a legit contender happening before this deadline is so beyond unrealistic based on how everything has played out this year.

As I said, my issue is that will take a better class of front office than the one we have and more time than we have with Connor and Leon.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
All fair points. As someone who has played competitive sports almost my whole life I've never prescribed to the "dodge them until the end" sort of idea. If you want to be the best ya gotta beat the best, and if that's in the first round or the last round has never mattered much to me. But I do see where you're coming from.

As a fan, I'd just like to see my team win a couple of rounds for a change.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
So the gist of this is that the team as it currently is constructed is in fact better than or equal to the Leafs and should/would be taking the division if not for Dave Tippett?

I commend you on your bold take, as I can't say I've seen anyone say the same.

Originality wasn't at question, here. What was is your claim that everything is fine and dandy while anyone that's actually watched the games has seen how bad we are, with little to no change, and with capable players being passed over by a coach/gm that want to recycle the same below average players.

Why haven't we even tried kahun with Mcd to reunite DRY? Why isn't Bouch playing? Why hasn't Benson/Marody been given a shot?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Originality wasn't at question, here. What was is your claim that everything is fine and dandy while anyone that's actually watched the games has seen how bad we are, with little to no change, and with capable players being passed over by a coach/gm that want to recycle the same below average players.

Why haven't we even tried kahun with Mcd to reunite DRY? Why isn't Bouch playing? Why hasn't Benson/Marody been given a shot?
When have I ever said everything is fine and dandy? Just because I don't piss and moan and bitch about every little thing that happens while the team is currently staring the playoffs dead in the eyes doesn't mean I don't think there's room to improve.

But if this board had its way, this team would be firing multiple players and coaches after every single game or bad shift. I don't see a point in complaining about the same shit day in and day out just to hear myself talk. I'm not a part of the locker room so I can't answer your questions, but thanks for not addressing my question to you.

Reactions: TB12

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
A lot of bruised ankles around here. Got the point, move on. They didn’t bring their a game and they were playing against two teams out there. Just get to the playoffs and beat them there.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A lot of bruised ankles around here. Got the point, move on. They didn’t bring their a game and they were playing against two teams out there. Just get to the playoffs and beat them there.
Hopefully we are lined up against 2 teams in the playoffs.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I'm sure Holland is smart enough to know that flipping our 1st pick for one player just for a playoff run would be bad asset management. Teams that do that are already cup contenders and need a guy to hopefully give them an edge. We are not even close to being in that position with this roster. If he's going to make that trade, the guy coming back will either have term attached or a handshake agreement that we will sign him in the offseason. Right now with our cap situation were are screwed.

I think the best bet is to get RNH signed to a cap friendly contract now and not let him walk. Then trade him in the offseason or later for the LW we want. Much better alternative than replacing him with a UFA going to the highest bidder and at the same time having a limited selection. There's a reason most UFAs don't work out either, they value themselves higher than the team that lets them walk. Majority of the time the team is right. You will get a better player who is under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad