GDT: [#9] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 2:00 PM CST (FS-SW) - The first Janny grudge match

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Why shoot the puck when you can try to dangle 5 guys to get to the net?

He's too good at that for his own good and takes it too far sometimes.

It reminds me of how Taylor Hall was in Edmonton, he'd do all this fancy work to get around and through an entire team, but then would go into the zone, do a spin by one of the faceoff circles, and lose the puck.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He's too good at that for his own good and takes it too far sometimes.

It reminds me of how Taylor Hall was in Edmonton, he'd do all this fancy work to get around and through an entire team, but then would go into the zone, do a spin by one of the faceoff circles, and lose the puck.

I don't think he is very good with it, because after his first move he isn't in good position anymore and is scrambling to try and keep the puck which forces him to extend and try for more moves.

Basically, he does one dangle which forces him to do multiple dangles because he can't control the puck after the first dangle.

It's like dangle dominoes.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I truly don’t understand why you guys gripe about a Klingberg so much. Him taking chances like that is why he generates so much offense. That’s the thing Heiskanen needs to learn from Klingberg. If you have the skill, use it.

Because he is better served at dancing the line or driving down the wall, trying to force it down the middle of the ice into 5 defenders has a very small chance of success but a very high chance of turning it over for an odd-man rush the other way.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Because he is better served at dancing the line or driving down the wall, trying to force it down the middle of the ice into 5 defenders has a very small chance of success but a very high chance of turning it over for an odd-man rush the other way.
Turning the puck over in front of the other team’s goalie is not a meaningful risk. You’re way overstating it. Trying to beat “play it safe” into a guy like Klingberg would be the worst way to handle him. You’d take away the very thing that makes him great. Him dangling and dancing is why he’s tied for the team lead in assists. Embrace it. This is a good thing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk about that Jamie . I get defending the rookie but thats not a good trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad