GDT: [#9] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 2:00 PM CST (FS-SW) - The first Janny grudge match

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dickie slept for a second and Debrincat was gone and scored.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can't believe Dickinson just stopped skating there wtf was that. Stars were in position to defend that if Dickinson goes with his man

Reactions: BeaverSports

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They should've scored more than 1 goal on Subban . A mistake like that in OT is also usually deadly. Can't lose your man like DIckie did there.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Agreed. im no hawks fan, but i feel good for Subban having a good game
he's had a rough career so far and been passed over and put in shiddy situations

I mean he was the backup to MAF on a very good Golden Knights team and did not play well there. MAF was hurt multiple times and Subban never looked good for longer when he had his chances

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I mean he was the backup to MAF on a very good Golden Knights team and did not play well there. MAF was hurt multiple times and Subban never looked good for longer when he had his chances

true enough, i guess i just have a proclivity in pulling for the underdog.
tfg im not a betting man

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They should've scored more than 1 goal on Subban . A mistake like that in OT is also usually deadly. Can't lose your man like DIckie did there.

They also had 2 prime half breakaways against Subban and didn't bury them. Looked like the old Stars offense

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Janny swiched swrayets for that shift.

Subban is exhibit 1 in the Don't draft goalies in yhe first round. Hopefully Otter is the exception to that rule.

Idk late first rounders are often crapshots anyway. Might as well take the best available goalie prospect. Top 10 or higher is a different matter . With a high first rounder you better hit.

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Janny swiched swrayets for that shift.

Subban is exhibit 1 in the Don't draft goalies in yhe first round. Hopefully Otter is the exception to that rule.

I would generally agree with the rule of thumb but if my math is right, there's been 21 goalies taken in the first round since 2003. Notable names:

MAF
Dubnyk
Schneider
Price
Rask
Bernier
Varlamov
Vasilevskiy

38% have gone on to become starters. That seems to be pretty good? I think taking a goalie early is too bold for my liking, but if your boy is still available late in the first round of the boy draft, you should probably take him.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Idk late first rounders are often crapshots anyway. Might as well take the best available goalie prospect. Top 10 or higher is a different matter . With a high first rounder you better hit.
Pretty much my philosophy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad