GDT: 9/29 Canucks @ Sharks 7:30

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Glad they are giving Goldobin a look on the first line. Via Twitter...

Goldobin - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Ward
Nieto - Hertl - Wingels
Torres - Tierney - Brown

(Not sure about defense)

I am loving what DeBoer has done this preseason. Will still be interesting how they handle Tierney if DeBoer is dead set on Hertl at 3C. I'd prefer Tierney be paired with a finisher given his great playmaking skills.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
SJ roster is looking just about NHL ready.

Canucks roster is mostly prospects so it could get pretty ugly.

Some 1st round picks to notice on the Canucks side.

Virtanen, Horvat, Sven Baertschi, Gaunce, McCann

some of these guys are/were pretty highly regarded...could be fun to watch them against the PRO's

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
From Kurz

Based on the morning skate, here’s how the Sharks will likely start their final preseason home game:

Nikolay Goldobin – Joe Thornton – Joe Pavelski
Patrick Marleau – Logan Couture – Joel Ward
Matt Nieto – Tomas Hertl – Tommy Wingels
Raffi Torres – Chris Tierney – Mike Brown

Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Justin Braun
Paul Martin – Brent Burns
Mirco Mueller – Brenden Dillon

Martin Jones will start in net. The scratches include Matt Tennyson, Dylan DeMelo, Joonas Donskoi, Ben Smith and Barclay Goodrow.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Not a fan of the tierney line but there is potential for him and Torres to combine. If mike brown can at least creat some space down low it'll do fine. My ideal happening would be for donskoi to play himself into the couture line and ward to drop down with hertl or tierney. You can mix and match wingels, Torres, ward and nieto at that point.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
that comment might raise a hackle!

just one

Can you imagine? During play goldobin peels off the boards with the puck, chops it into the air to avoid the stick of a defender and the one-handed baseball swings to knock the puck into the slot. There is Hertl, coming in deep at full speed. He let's the puck come down and go between his legs onto his backhand. Then as he closes in on the goalie he dekes, puts his stick and the puck back between his legs to the forehand, and just as he looks like he's about to shoot he spins a hard 360, using the momentum to let him execute a lacrosse shot that he fires high glove side for a goal. The two of them then stop in the middle of the ice and take a deep stage bow to the applauding crowd.

On the bench, Oates literally spontaneously combust (and I'm using "literally" in the correct sense. One might call it the literal sense) :D

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hopefully, we slaughter the baby nucks and crush their confidence. Muahahaha.

Jokes aside, I want this to be dominant and lopsided. Not exactly cruel but make them realize they're babies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad