GDT

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING VS NASHVILLE PREDATORS
* * * P R E S E A S O N - G A M E # 2 * * *

8:00 PM - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH 2023
BRIDGESTONE ARENA - NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

jHvWNtg.png

RADIO:
WIKD 102.5 FM > 102.5 The Bone | iHeart
Lightning Power Play > Listen to Lightning Power Play Live - Tampa Bay Lightning, Be The Thunder! | iHeartRadio

STREAMS:

CZtmrLv.png

- STARTING LINEUPS -

:bolts

64 TYLER MOTTE - 11 LUKE GLENDENING - 23 MIKEY EYSSIMONT
45 COLE KOEPKE - 42 FELIX ROBERT - 51 AUSTON WATSON
41 MITCHELL CHAFFEE - 61 TRISTAN ALLARD - 52 MAXIM GROSHEV
83 SHAWN ELEMENT - 96 GABRIEL SZTURC - 39 WALTTERI MERELA

44 CALVIN DE HAAN - 81 ERIK CERNAK
74 SEAN DAY - 28 JACK THOMPSON
65 MAX CROZIER - 48 NICK PERBIX

90 MATT TOMKINS
35 EVAN FITZPATRICK

:nashville

8 CODY GLASS
9 FILIP FORSBERG
14 GUSTAV NYQUIST
15 DENIS GURIANOV
26 PHILIP TOMASINO
36 COLE SMITH
47 MICHAEL MCCARRON
49 REID SCHAEFER
68 ZACHARY L'HEUREUX
77 LUKE EVANGELISTA
82 TOMMY NOVAK
90 RYAN O'REILLY

2 LUKE SCHENN
7 MARC DEL GAIZO
22 TYSON BARRIE
24 SPENCER STASTNEY
27 RYAN MCDONAGH
59 ROMAN JOSI

74 JUUSE SAROS
30 YAROSLAV ASKAROV

t2b3Sh9.png

- PRESEASON STATS -

GPGAPTS
73 CONOR SHEARY1112
43 DARREN RADDYSH1022
12 ALEX BARRE-BOULET1101
38 BRANDON HAGEL1011
20 NICK PAUL1000
98 GAGE GONCALVES1000
95 ETHAN HAY1000
24 ZACH BOGOSIAN1000
5 PHIL MYERS1000
67 DECLAN CARLILE1000
78 EMIL LILLEBERG1000
89 ETHAN GAUTHIER1000
7 HAYDN FLEURY1000
71 ANTHONY CIRELLI1000
84 TANNER JEANNOT1000
82 GABRIEL FORTIER1000
58 ILYA USAU1000
34 BENNETT MACARTHUR1000

GPRECORDSOGAAS%
60 HUGO ALNEFELT10-1-005.00.792

jNh3ZjD.png

- PRESEASON SCHEDULE -

dateopponentarenatimetvscore
September 26th@ CarolinaPNC Arena, Raleigh7:00 pmn/a2-5 L
September 27th@ NashvilleBridgestone Arena, Nashville8:00 pmn/a-
September 29thVS CarolinaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
September 30thVS NashvilleAmalie Arena, Tampa5:00 pmn/a-
October 3rdVS FloridaAmway Center, Orlando7:00 pmn/a-
October 5thVS FloridaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
October 7th@ FloridaFLA Live Arena, Sunrise6:00 pmn/a-

6qBdeuL.png

- QUOTES -

JON COOPER: "I think it’s tough when you’re playing your first game and Shears did a heck of a job. He’s got a motor himself. Your first one’s always tough because in practice, you’re playing your own teammates. It’s much different than when you’re playing against opponents. As this game went on, I thought everybody got better. As for Shears in his first game with us, he was great. There’s so much more time left in this preseason. It’s great for these guys to get their feet wet. You want to come away with a W. There’s no question about that. But if you keep up that effort a lot of the guys gave tonight, we’ll be OK."

"It’s going to say 5-2 against us, but I didn’t think we deserved that result. Just some unfortunate plays. A tough change and one ends up in the back of our net. None of the guys were meaning for that to happen. Another tough bounce and the puck’s in the net. But other than that, our guys tried. They tried to do the things we asked of them. As that game went on, I thought the ice was tilting in our favor. We had chances. We just lacked a little finish tonight. But I liked the way the guys responded. Every time we kind of got knocked down, they came right back. That’s a good sign for a lot of those guys in that room."

ALEX BARRE-BOULET: "It’s always good to get that one out of the way. At the same time, it’s preseason. It was a power-play goal. I’ve got to focus on the five-on-five play first, but it’s good for confidence."

"The first game is always the hardest. You have to remember all the systems that you practice during camp. You play with a lot of new guys. But I think we did good. Obviously I played with Jeannot and Paul the first two scrimmages, so I think our chemistry was pretty good tonight."

CONOR SHEARY: "It’s always good to see a puck go in. Coming to a new team, you want to get that first one out of the way. I know it’s preseason, but it definitely feels good to score. I didn’t know I had an assist, so that’s nice."

:lightningbolt

LET'S GO BOLTS!

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Who are those people they are playing with? Are they drafted by us? I only know Element but dont remember how he got to us
I know Szturc is an invitee, and pretty sure the other two are.

If I remember correctly Merala's line is who he played with in the Prospects tournament.

Reactions: Peacefool

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Groshev and merela first task is to carry garbage linemates

Allard looked OK during the rookie tourny games. Looking at his stats, he the 18th highest point total in the QHJML league last year. Don't remember seeing Chaffee during the tourny.

Merela and Szturc ("Shstootz" I think is how they pronounced his name) played a couple tourny games together, but I also remember Merela being at center one game and taking a lot of faceoffs. Szturc had the 21st best point total in the WHL and over a point per game in two Czech leagues last year (16 games).

It could be worse - look at Robert's linemates. I've read he's possibly a Yanni Gourde light type player. He was feisty in the rookie games, but in a bad way, taking two penalties when he was frustrated.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
ABB did look pretty good last night. It's just nice to see the boys back on the ice.

Reactions: Peacefool

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Is there any kind of stream for this game? Also lol at the Preds basically icing their entire starting lineup. Holy shit, we're gonna get killed like 7-2

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Is there any kind of stream for this game? Also lol at the Preds basically icing their entire starting lineup. Holy shit, we're gonna get killed like 7-2
Nashville Predators will be streaming the game on their website. I assume the Lightning will have that feed on their site as well just like they had Carolina’s last night

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nashville Predators will be streaming the game on their website. I assume the Lightning will have that feed on their site as well just like they had Carolina’s last night
Works for me. I'm probably not going to be able to see the whole thing but peaking in from time to time will at least be nice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad