GDT: 9/26: Preseason Game 6 - Up, Up and Away!: Bruins @ Jets: 7:30pm ET: TSN, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'll clarify the Spoked 'B'log recaps, I wrote them. The game wasn't televised as far as I know, even the Red Wings site said it was only available on the radio the morning of the game. I listened to the whole game on the station they suggested, and it really did sound like Johnson played well. The Nyquist chances basically sounded like one-on-ones with Johnson in tight, and if I recall correctly he made some good stops while the B's were on the PK as well. Take it for what it's worth, but that's the sense I got from what I heard (from Detroit announcers).

Personally I think it's a tough call. If the B's see Svedberg as a long term piece, he may actually be better off for another year in the AHL so gets the majority of starts. There's the extra $400k hit too which doesn't help as someone pointed out. On the other hand I don't think anyone cares if Chad Johnson sits on the bench for most of the season. Plus, Svedberg showing he has the skill to compete at this level also gives the B's options if - God forbid - Tuukka gets hurt. Just my two cents.

Good points.

In addition, would not shock me that if hypothetically, Rask did get hurt, Svedberg would get called up and start in front of Johnson.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was away last night and didn't see the game or come on here at all but... I have to say it was hilarious reading through all the posts from around the 2nd and 3rd period and on. People hating on Spooner and then he scores a clutch goal. People saying Eriksson is floating and is average and then he gets a 2-1 with Spooner and scores and Spooner gets the assist. LOL.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
3. Whichever player shows questionable "body language" on next Behind the B's episode :laugh:

There'll be a segment on Carl Söderberg, and he'll eat a doughnut improperly, leading this board to call for hin to be traded for Sasquatch and a bag o IKEA meatballs.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Will the Caron apologists be the former Pouliot/Bourque/Corvo apologists ?

I liked Pouliot-I thought he was fine for his role but didn't shed tears when he wasn't re-signed. Bourque and Corvo were pretty awful.

I think Caron has been surpassed by other prospects in the depth chart to the point that Indont think he fits here anymore. I have only seen him play one game and every other prospect on the ice out played him. I think they need to move him-he doesn't have a future here IMO but could do well in a different setting.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I liked Pouliot-I thought he was fine for his role but didn't shed tears when he wasn't re-signed. Bourque and Corvo were pretty awful.

I think Caron has been surpassed by other prospects in the depth chart to the point that Indont think he fits here anymore. I have only seen him play one game and every other prospect on the ice out played him. I think they need to move him-he doesn't have a future here IMO but could do well in a different setting.

Rielly Smith and Miller have looked better then him... Especially Smith. Then you have the 27-28 year old Nick Johnson who's put up a few nice goals this preseason, Caron should be history IMO.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Will the Caron apologists be the former Pouliot/Bourque/Corvo apologists ?

Caron is the last player still standing from the '07-'09 sixteen total Boston NHL entry draft picks. So he can at least claim to be the best of that mysterious lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad