GDT: 9/26: Preseason Game 6 - Up, Up and Away!: Bruins @ Jets: 7:30pm ET: TSN, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
"@ChuckGormleyCSN: #CapitalsTalk I'm told NHLPA has begun voting on hybrid icing and if what I'm hearing is true from players it will be voted down."

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
"@ChuckGormleyCSN: #CapitalsTalk I'm told NHLPA has begun voting on hybrid icing and if what I'm hearing is true from players it will be voted down."

Thank God. It's the pits.

ETA: although it would be fun listening to people who struggle to explain what an icing is explain hybrid icing.

May 29, 2013
Got excited there for second, the game on the 26th is actually in Winnipeg, then the 27th is in Saskatoon which i'll see live.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

I don't understand the point of hybrid icing. Why was it introduced? It couldn't have been to reduce injuries because the only time we see icing-related injuries is when players race for the puck. With hybrid icing the play is only blown dead when there is no race. It doesn't eliminate 2 guys going full force into the end boards. If it's to speed up the game, I dunno, I don't think touch icing slows the game down all that much, especially since the no line change rule came in. Personally, I would like to see no-touch icing applied so we can get rid of the injuries that occur, even if it doesn't happen all that much.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Isn't hybrid icing what they do in college games?

I admit for the NHL I am not much of a fan-I kind of like that all out race for the puck and while I know there are sometimes injuries just how many are there reall?

Personally I think they would do better with regards to injury going into the boards to allow some small amount of holding I think you could design a rule with some discretion built in to allow for just enough for safety but not enough that it impedes a player.

nycbruins*

And the players are still wearing armor for shoulder pads...so far up their own a's these decision makers

member 96824

I hope Ryan Spooner nets a hatty tonight, just to make things interesting :naughty:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Svedberg’s turn to impress Claude Julien
So now that ensconced No. 1 goalie Tuukka Rask, prospect Malcolm Subban and free agent acquisition Chad Johnson all logged at least 60 minutes in one contest, it’s scheduled to be Niklas Svedberg’s turn tonight in Winnipeg against the Jets.

“We need to still look at him closely and decide which one of the two we’re going to start with anyways,†Julien said in reference to Svedberg and Johnson, who are the only two left in camp competing to back up Rask after Subban was assigned to Providence of the AHL.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/brui...klas_svedberg_s_turn_to_impress_claude_julien

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thank God. It's the pits.

ETA: although it would be fun listening to people who struggle to explain what an icing is explain hybrid icing.

I liked it, never really found myself entertained by races for the puck to negate an icing, and I sure don`t like watching a player from any team go head first into the boards due to a race for a puck which, if retrieved by the attacker, I`ll wager has resulted in minimal scoring chances after they gain possession.

I`ll take Hybrid icing any day of the week over that bloody shootout

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'll be missing this one as that I'll be closing the store tonight. In other words, I'll be doing my best to follow the game on my cell phone...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Any idea's about what the Bruin's line-up will be for tonight? Here's the predicted Jets line-up, based on practice lines:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane- Jokine - Frolik
Wright - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Redmond
Clitsome - Buff
Stuart - Trouba

Pavelec
Montoya

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Any idea's about what the Bruin's line-up will be for tonight? Here's the predicted Jets line-up, based on practice lines:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane- Jokine - Frolik
Wright - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Tangradi - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Redmond
Clitsome - Buff
Stuart - Trouba

Pavelec
Montoya

Is that pretty much what the regular season lineup will look like? Is Trouba expected to make the team?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Is that pretty much what the regular season lineup will look like? Is Trouba expected to make the team?

Bogosian is out with a day-to-day injury, and Thorburn is probably battling with Peluso for the face-puncher position on the 4th line. Trouba may get a look at the start of the season - he's played more strongly as the pre-season has progressed. Jokinen is in a bit of a battle with Scheifele for the 2nd line C position, and Seto and Frolik may swap positions. I think we'll see a closer representation of the starting line-up tomorrow in Saskatoon in the 2nd game of the back-to-back.

Just one Jets fan opinion. How has the Bruins pre-season gone? Any good fights for spots? Prospects that have impressed?

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bogosian is out with a day-to-day injury, and Thorburn is probably battling with Peluso for the face-puncher position on the 4th line. Trouba may get a look at the start of the season - he's played more strongly as the pre-season has progressed. Jokinen is in a bit of a battle with Scheifele for the 2nd line C position, and Seto and Frolik may swap positions. I think we'll see a closer representation of the starting line-up tomorrow in Saskatoon in the 2nd game of the back-to-back.

Just one Jets fan opinion. How has the Bruins pre-season gone? Any good fights for spots? Prospects that have impressed?

Interested to see how Scheifele does this season. Frolik was a pretty good offensive player in Florida that got buried in Chicago. Wonder if more ice time and playing with more offensive minded players will re-kindle his offense. How has he looked so far in pre-season?

Most of the Bruins forward lines are set, but there is a really good battle going on for a spot on the 3rd line. Whoever comes second in that battle will likely get the 13th forward spot too. Ryan Spooner, Matt Linblad, Reilly Smith, Jordan Caron are the candidates.

On D, the top 4 is pretty much in stone. There are 3 youngsters: Bartkowski, Krug, and Dougie Hamilton, that will likely be rotating in and out of the other two spots.

doubleculprit

Apr 20, 2007
That hybrid icing is just terrible...

#1: If he opposing forward is winning the race for the puck the defenseman has no obligation to let up on him. What's the difference?

#2: the rule eliminates set plays where the puck is intentionally iced with the expectation that your player beats the D-man to the puck. I've seen the Bruins do this more than once and I love it.

#3: It just looks god awful....

Please do not institute this rule. Also, the new nets look terrible too.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
That hybrid icing is just terrible...

#1: If he opposing forward is winning the race for the puck the defenseman has no obligation to let up on him. What's the difference?

#2: the rule eliminates set plays where the puck is intentionally iced with the expectation that your player beats the D-man to the puck. I've seen the Bruins do this more than once and I love it.

#3: It just looks god awful....

Please do not institute this rule. Also, the new nets look terrible too.

totally agree about hybrid icing. It adds zero value to the game. Plus these refs don't need yet another split second judgement call that they are responsible for several times a game. The criteria for when they blow the whistle with this rule is way too nebulous.

I like the new nets, because the extra space should benefit the Bruins maybe more than any other team in the league. It gives Chara more room and makes those D-to-D passes easier. It also allows for a better angle on breakout passes from behind the goal line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad