GDT

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING VS CAROLINA HURRICANES
* * * P R E S E A S O N - G A M E # 1 * * *

7:00 PM - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH 2023
PNC ARENA - RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA

jHvWNtg.png

RADIO:
WIKD 102.5 FM > 102.5 The Bone | iHeart
Lightning Power Play > Listen to Lightning Power Play Live - Tampa Bay Lightning, Be The Thunder! | iHeartRadio

STREAMS:

CZtmrLv.png

- STARTING LINEUPS -

:bolts

38 BRANDON HAGEL - 71 ANTHONY CIRELLI - 73 CONOR SHEARY
12 BARRE-BOULET - 20 NICK PAUL - 84 TANNER JEANNOT
89 ETHAN GAUTHIER - 93 GAGE GONCALVES - 82 GABRIEL FORTIER
58 ILYA USAU - 95 ETHAN HAY - 34 BENNETT MACARTHUR

7 HAYDN FLEURY - 24 ZACH BOGOSIAN
78 EMIL LILLEBERG - 43 DARREN RADDYSH
67 DECLAN CARLILE - 5 PHIL MYERS

60 HUGO ALNEFELT
35 EVAN FITZPATRICK

:canes

25 ZACH ASTON-REESE
26 KIEFFER BELLOWS
33 JAYDEN HALBGEWACHS
36 FELIX UNGER SORUM
38 NOEL GUNLER
42 BRENDAN PERLINI
43 CORY CONACHER
46 JUSTIN ROBIDAS
61 RYAN SUZUKI
73 NICK SHORE
81 JAMIESON REES
85 BLAKE MURRAY

5 JALEN CHATFIELD
6 CALEB JONES
7 DMITRY ORLOV
15 DYLAN COGHLAN
41 NATHAN BEAULIEU
72 BRYCE MONTGOMERY
77 TONY DEANGELO
91 RONAN SEELEY

31 FREDERIK ANDERSEN
52 PYOTR KOCHETKOV

t2b3Sh9.png

- STATS -

posgpgaptsteam/league
86 NIKITA KUCHEROVRW823083113TBL/NHL
21 BRAYDEN POINTC82514495TBL/NHL
91 STEVEN STAMKOSC81345084TBL/NHL
38 BRANDON HAGELLW81303464TBL/NHL
98 MIKHAIL SERGACHEVD79105464TBL/NHL
77 VICTOR HEDMAND7694049TBL/NHL
73 CONOR SHEARYLW82152237WSH/NHL
20 NICK PAULLW80171532TBL/NHL
71 ANTHONY CIRELLIC58111829TBL/NHL
48 NICK PERBIXD6951520TBL/NHL
64 TYLER MOTTEC6281119OTT/NYR/NHL
84 TANNER JEANNOTLW7661218NSH/TBL/NHL
81 ERIK CERNAKD7021416TBL/NHL
23 MIKEY EYSSIMONTC5451015WPG/SJ/TBL/NHL
44 CALVIN DE HAAND5321012CAR/NHL
11 LUKE GLENDENINGC70336DAL/NHL
24 ZACH BOGOSIAND46145TBL/NHL
43 DARREN RADDYSHD17123TB/NHL
7 HAYDEN FLEURYD29011TBL/NHL
12 ALEX BARRE-BOULETLW69246084SYR/AHL
gprecordsogaas%team/league
88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY6034-22-442.65.915TBL/NHL
31 JONAS JOHANSSON2614-9-202.33.920COL/AHL

jNh3ZjD.png

- PRESEASON SCHEDULE -

dateopponentarenatimetvscore
September 26th@ CarolinaPNC Arena, Raleigh7:00 pmn/a-
September 27th@ NashvilleBridgestone Arena, Nashville8:00 pmn/a-
September 29thVS CarolinaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
September 30thVS NashvilleAmalie Arena, Tampa5:00 pmn/a-
October 3rdVS FloridaAmway Center, Orlando7:00 pmn/a-
October 5thVS FloridaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
October 7th@ FloridaFLA Live Arena, Sunrise6:00 pmn/a-

6qBdeuL.png

- QUOTES -

JON COOPER: "We're going to play 4 preseason games in 5 nights. I don't really look at the wins/loss and how that goes. It's more about effort, are the guys doing what you're asking them to do, are they getting better, and you kind of look for that. It's hard roster-wise for us, especially when you don't have a ton of veterans in this camp. You're trying to give guys a little rest, but having to put the required amount of veterans in the lineup is going to be a little juggling there. It's really for me, these first few ones are for the young guys, and how are they progressing, and how is their development and growth been. That's why these games are kind of fun for me. I'm not looking at our (veteran) guys so much these games ."

ROB ZETTLER: "I want to say (training camp has been) typical, but I mean typical in a good way. Kuch, Heddy, Sergy, our leaders are just out there making it happen. They do that so well for us, and then the other guys follow. There's been really good pace. I thought we've gotten really good feedback in the first three days as far as what we're working on, and the pace that we're going at. So, it's been really positive."

"I think we've had more people come in early than ever before. So that's a testament to our culture. We invite those guys to come in to get ready for camp, and get up to speed. They get to skate with the guys I just mentioned, and see what kind of shape those guys are in, and what kind of pace those guys play at, and how serious they take their game and their craft. So it's positive, and then they kind of get a head start on camp."

WALTTERI MERELA: "It's been fun. After rookie camp it was fun to play (in the prospect tournament), but now there's a lot of new stuff going on. All these different things that we're doing, just like walking through stuff. It's kind of hard for me. I need to process these things in English first, and then I try to execute them, but it's going to get better. No worries."

"You need to learn the systems so you can play on this team, but also everyday try to get better. There's a lot of things that I can learn. Lots of little things and big things with this system stuff, so I need to try to learn fast everyday."

"Everyday it's new stuff, so it kind of takes a little time. I think once games start and get going there will be a lot more video, and stuff like that broken down so I can learn more."

:lightningbolt

LET'S GO BOLTS!

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First game for ABB to try to keep his spot, and he'll play tonight on a line with Jeannot and Paul, which has been together since the start of camp. Not sure how well that trio will do together as Jeannot and Paul don't really play a skill game like ABB does, and the 3 of them combined are not the quickest of feet. That said, Carolina isn't dressing many regulars.

First chance for Fortier as well to break into the main group as some of the other guys in this race like Watson and Koepke sit. I still like Fortier, but Eyssimont is everything Fortier should be, and plays that game better.

Hoping for a better showing from Goncalves. He didn't really stand out at all in the prospect tournament. He was one of the top offensive guys on Syracuse last year. I want to see it. Like ABB, this is what he's going to be judged on. You're a play maker? Go make plays. Go put points on the board.

Also this is probably a nice little taste for the 18 year olds Hay and Gauthier before they go back to their junior teams. Hope they enjoy this experience.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Excited to see how

Lilleberg
Sheary
Gauthier
Goncalves
Usau
Fortier

Do against some NHL'ers

I'd include Tanner Jeannot in that list. Lilliberg, Carlyle and Fortier are the young guys I'm most intrigued with in this group.

Disappointed not to see:

Groshev
Merala

Maybe Coop and company do something crazy and put Groshev or Merala with Kuch, Point, Stammer for a Preseason game to see how it goes.

I'm hoping it's that the guys most likely to not make the first cuts get the early games for their chance and they know Groshev and Merela are going to be around longer than that.

Reactions: EXTRAS

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Teams are sending their junior league players back around now, so cuts could come after the game.
Yep. And with 20 year old invite Gabriel Szturc (Kelowna/WHL), have the Bolts seen enough, or could we see them reassign him to Syracuse’s camp for further evaluation?
I’m this-post minutes old. Did I read that correctly that it’s being streamed on the Hurricanes website?
Yes sir.

Reactions: JFleegs and DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I get this email and think "hell yeah, 40% off drinks at Amalie!"

Nah, but the cruise sounds fun. GO BOLTS!

Screen Shot 09-26-23 at 05.33 PM.JPG

Excited to see how

Lilleberg
Sheary
Gauthier
Goncalves
Usau
Fortier

Do against some NHL'ers

Disappointed not to see:

Groshev
Merala

Maybe Coop and company do something crazy and put Groshev or Merala with Kuch, Point, Stammer for a Preseason game to see how it goes.
200w.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad