GDT: 9/26/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I just don't get why he was dragging ass all night. He's played minimal hockey, no excuses.
It's so confusing because we really don't trust him. He played 7 minutes yesterday in an OT game and 12 minutes tonight in a 2OT game. If that's the case, play someone else. I think we have more faith in Stephens because Coop played him on the pk, in OT, and made him protect leads in the regular season, so I'm not sure why he isn't playing.

In the grand scheme of everything, will it really matter? I don't know. But there's no room for players you don't want to play.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
One more than them? Their stars haven't done shit. Perry won't replicate that the remainder of his career. Pavelski is the only one showing up and we can't stop him down low. They get hemmed in their zone for shifts at a time and just survive. They get in our zone and panic. They just throw stuff towards the net and it eventually ping pongs around after 60 minutes for 2 lucky ass goals. That first Perry goal... if that's not some f***ing luck.. that shit BOUNCED like a ping pong ball to his tape streaking in the zone.

Edit: The lead up, not to him. Still.

Credit to them, they hung in there... but that's all they do. They aren't as good. Need to come out next game and run this team out of the f***ing building.
Pretty much this.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We're better means NOTHING unless you win. Tired of we are better blah blah blah blah. Means nothing.
And also "we outplayed them" means nothing.
In hockey the winning team is the one who scored more goals...not the one who outplayed the others...

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
It's so confusing because we really don't trust him. He played 7 minutes yesterday in an OT game and 12 minutes tonight in a 2OT game. If that's the case, play someone else. I think we have more faith in Stephens because Coop played him on the pk, in OT, and made him protect leads in the regular season, so I'm not sure why he isn't playing.

In the grand scheme of everything, will it really matter? I don't know. But there's no room for players you don't want to play.
I think it matters because our second line can't step up reliably (or much at all, for that matter).

Regarding Stephens, I've been vastly more impressed with him versus CV. This is gonna sound harsh, but the only time I can recall being impressed with Verhaeghe was in a single regular season game. I get that he tore it up in the minors and it's a good idea to grow into his higher perceived potential. However, this is the big show, not the goddamn regular season. Performance overrides potential at this point in time.

This leads me to my one gripe I have left with Cooper (because he's really improved this post-season). This buddy system shit with players like TJ and the brain-numbing prolonged benching of Bogosian. Our defense played with wanton disregard for about half of tonight's game. Put Bogosian in the f***ing lineup, he proved his worth only to be shit on.

Reactions: PJ817

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
All you folks thinking the sky is falling and talking about the winning team is all that matters and how outplaying the other team doesn't matter are being silly.

You think any sports team focuses on winning a single game or 4 of 7? No, they focus on the process and attempt to win their shift. While it would be nice to go 16-0 and win the cup, that's not how it works. You simply have to outplay your opponent more often than they outplay you AND be lucky.

Ex-Lightning "Legend" Dwayne Roloson will tell you that luck can win you things you shouldn't have won sometimes, but even his Edmonton team couldn't win it all on luck. It evened out when another Ex-Lightning "Legend" Marc-Andre Bergeron dismantled the Oiler's hopes by falling on Roloson's leg.

So, the Bolts may lose the Cup, but they have 2 chances to outplay the Stars and get some luck or have luck evaporate for the Stars. That's all you can ask for.

I don't see this loss as a choke at all. This is the exact same situation they were in in the ECF ffs. Just relax and unbunch your panties until game 7*.

* If Necessary.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I’m as pessimistic as they come, tonight sucked, but I’ll start worrying the series is in danger if they score first Monday.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
So, between 2014-'19, one of the biggest problems this team has had in postseason play has been their inability to win home games.

Home record: 18-18 (and 4-9 in ECF and SCF play)
Road record: 18-14

This postseason:

"Home" record: 6-6 (and 2-4 in the last two rounds)
"Road" record: 8-1

f***ing uncanny how this trend has held up even when home/away doesn't really exist.

I’m as pessimistic as they come, tonight sucked, but I’ll start worrying the series is in danger if they score first Monday.

Lightning have given up the first goal in eight of the last ten games. Pretty good chance your fear will be realized.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We couldn't win 4 straight games in the SCF? The horror. I for one have full confidence that the team will close this out on Monday. :nod:

I mean it's not easy getting 3 in a row in scf. We've done it now and it is not impossible that Dallas does it as well. However no one has done it before. How is that for statistics? Doesn't mean it won't be done at some point and could be now. Please no! Honestly don't care if it goes 7. Just want to see to see this team win the damn cup!

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I mean it's not easy getting 3 in a row in scf. We've done it now and it is not impossible that Dallas does it as well. However no one has done it before. How is that for statistics? Doesn't mean it won't be done at some point and could be now. Please no! Honestly don't care if it goes 7. Just want to see to see this team win the damn cup!
Thats all that matters.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Silver lining. We get a lot more media coverage during the week if we win on Monday compared if we won today. Tomorrow is ALL about the NFL.

I just want Stammer and Bogo back. Heck I'd take Coburn over Rutta. And I'd take Joseph over Verhaeghe and TJ all day everyday.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Silver lining. We get a lot more media coverage during the week if we win on Monday compared if we won today. Tomorrow is ALL about the NFL.

I just want Stammer and Bogo back. Heck I'd take Coburn over Rutta. And I'd take Joseph over Verhaeghe and TJ all day everyday.

Who gives a ****? And good luck getting media coverage over Lamar Jackson vs. Patrick Mahomes on Monday.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Who gives a ****? And good luck getting media coverage over Lamar Jackson vs. Patrick Mahomes on Monday.
I think we would all like the Lightning to be displayed holding up the Cup as much as possible and not fall by the way side. And I never said they will get coverage "over" mahommes and lamar, but that's still only 1 game compared to a jam packed nfl sunday.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We knew this wasn't going to be an easy series.

We had plenty of chances, we were the better team and the trend is with us.

Bolts in 6

they got more talent up front to pop a goal in then the Islanders did we’re not going to beat them in 2 or 3 overtime’s when we didn’t close in the first ot with all that pressure we were done tonight.

advantage is still on the lightning side until the series is tied then it’s a series again.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Okay so we won one game out of the B2B and made it hella close. With a little bit of distance I think it’s fair to say that was a good outcome overall. We got practically no rest between the ECF and the SCF while they did. We can still close this one out on Monday. Tampa in six is still possible. The Stars can’t turtle and get lucky bounces going their way forever. Let’s go boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad