GDT: 9/26/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
That one hurt a lot..ugh..damn tired after having slept much at all.

I want to see a huge about response in the first period in game six, I can't take a game seven so they better take the next one!

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
This stings because we were 6 mins away from the Cup. But let's not overreact.
People in here acting as if we are the ones down 3-2 in the series.

Do you guys realize it's not that easy to win 4 straight games? Also, Dallas didn't deserve SHIT this game, we outplayed them. Khudobin being lucky is definitely not something new.

That said, Rutta gotta be scratched. Really feel like Bogo was a way better presence for us, in the defensive zone, in the offensive zone and physically.

What I also noticed is that we missed the net a lot. Throw those f***ers in net and good things will happen.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
While Vasilevskiy has been mostly ‘good’ during these playoffs, he hasn’t stolen a game for us yet, nor has he had a shutout.

I’d like to see a real shutdown performance from him.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Next demon the Lightning have to slay these playoffs, is they need to find that "Killer Instinct" on their own

Lightning seem to have problems getting that next needed goal that secures a game and they prevent their opponents from scoring that next important goal in games. Its why the Lightning have had so many 1 goal games and OT, and if they ever get that "Killer Instinct" without it being forced, they'd be unstoppable.

Go Lightning !!!!!!!!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Next demon the Lightning have to slay these playoffs, is they need to find that "Killer Instinct" on their own

Lightning seem to have problems getting that next needed goal that secures a game and they prevent their opponents from scoring that next important goal in games. Its why the Lightning have had so many 1 goal games and OT, and if they ever get that "Killer Instinct" without it being forced, they'd be unstoppable.

Go Lightning !!!!!!!!
All they need is more powerplays.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
All they need is more powerplays.
All we need a a serious second line, that is decent to score goals.
All we need is that our defense pays attention after taking the lead.
All we need is win game 6. We have to play on Monday like there's not tomorrow. But for real this time.
But I don't know why...I suppose Dallas will score first in game 6...

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Cooper going Heddy Serge late yesterday was telling. The right side is getting beat. Weak clears from all three.

Do we bring Coburn in for game 6? Definitely risky given he hasn’t played in a while but I kinda like the idea.

Heddy Sergachev-Serge needed to strengthen right side

Mcdonough Cernek-maybe Cernek finds his game with the partner he’s used to

Coburn Shatty with limited minutes

Verhagee needs to be scratched so maybe even 11/7

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
With a bit more puck luck, we'd have won the game. (Point's tip, Cirelli hitting the post)

I do wish, when the opportunity presents itself, to just have the guy with the puck behind the net/in the corner just try to jam it in. Even when they're garbage goals, they've got to go in clean.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Cooper going Heddy Serge late yesterday was telling. The right side is getting beat. Weak clears from all three.

Do we bring Coburn in for game 6? Definitely risky given he hasn’t played in a while but I kinda like the idea.

Heddy Sergachev-Serge needed to strengthen right side

Mcdonough Cernek-maybe Cernek finds his game with the partner he’s used to

Coburn Shatty with limited minutes

Verhagee needs to be scratched so maybe even 11/7
Verhaege was not good that game.

But we played fine. I think bringing in Bogo might be the right move though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope the team isn't panicking as much as I am.

That said, Dallas got the bounces that game. We snuffed them out for 10, 12, 15 minutes at a time. I think we need to drive the net more, like Palat. We can still too easily fall into a perimeter game.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
The sky isn’t falling. But I would definitely put Bogo back in for Rutta. Frankly, I never understood the move at all - sure he is a slightly better skater. The positives end there. Bogo has been very reliable all playoffs. Rutta should have never gotten in and has been a dumpster fire in his three games.

Also, Hedman has had a few rough games since Dallas made it their mission to run him, which is exactly what I would have done. Bowness is well aware that Hedman is out of sync when he gets pummeled. It is like his brain doesn’t work as efficiently, which makes sense given his concussion problems. Hopefully Heddy can overcome it and finish this on Monday.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I’m so grumpy today.

this whole sequence is still hard to digest

I mean what else can you say. I'm not gonna come out and say the shit is legit rigged but it does seem like there they are legit letting the stars get away with blatant penalties. And I'm not talking about ticky tack stuff either. This clip is a perfect example.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I'm so tired... got home at 1:45 AM from Amalie; dogs (all 7 of them, 2 who don't play nice w/each other so that's always a delay of bedtime routine) out/fed, it was nearly 3 AM before I crashed

Last night's game was stolen from us by who? Dobby. We outplayed them, we outskated them. There were a few WTF moments that show even Heddy isn't perfect (though the God that is Thor is nearly)

Ver - too tired to look up the spelling - looks like an AHLer out there; I don't like Ruuta either much - if I'm not mistaken, he almost clipped the puck into the net trying to corral it behind Vasy...

Not sure why Coop is pissed at Bogo, put the guy back in.

Other than that, I don't think there's a fire to be lit ... these guys gave it all for most of the game, Dobby just got very lucky

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I mean what else can you say. I'm not gonna come out and say the shit is legit rigged but it does seem like there they are legit letting the stars get away with blatant penalties. And I'm not talking about ticky tack stuff either. This clip is a perfect example.
The media are the checks-and-balances to the ref situation. Bieksa said something on HNIC. The NHL will notice that.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maybe 'home ice' includes media? You can call penalties on the Habs in Montreal and get booed, but you'll also get the radio pundits talking for days about it, and that radiates out.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm still pretty confident. Last night just feels more annoying then anything. This team can never do things the easy way.

I have a feeling the team is gonna be pretty pissed at themselves for not ending it. I expect big games from everyone tomorrow.

Reactions: Discipline
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->