Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
images

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I am headed to Amalie for the game - leaving St P in about an hour.

I barely slept, tears welled off and on thinking about... just one game.

In 1999, the MN Vikings were 30s from Superbowl in Miami when Denny Green with the likes of Cunningham, Reed, Moss, Carter, best OL in football, took a knee instead of attempting anything. My seats for Miami were in the 8th row, 45 yard line... I sold them on South Beach after watching the Atlanta Falcons take it to us in OT.

Sports - all of them - died for me.

In 2012, we moved to Tampa - and became STM for the Bolts; holding them until the infamous trade (for me) on 2/27/17. I still cheered, I still rooted and then last year, fully on board, over the hurt/disgust, I cheered, raised my flags, and then ... it felt like Denny Green had risen from the dead to coach hockey.

Here we sit on the cusp. Here we sit so close we can taste it; statistically speaking, the odds are so heavily in our favor only a thunderstorm in summer seems more likely.

Finally, my passion for a team - OUR passion for a team - seems ready to taste sweet victory. And all those years of cheering, rooting, chanting, crying, more chanting, more cheering, more posting ... seems to be coming to its rightful close.

LETS f***ING DO THIS!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
JS retweeted this, but Sean Shapiro is the Stars writer for The Athletic.

After nearly 1,500 votes, Bish is the leading candidate with 45.1%. Qdoba is second with 35%, and Oettinger gets 19.9%

While everyone can vote on this, that isn't a great sign of fan confidence in Qdoba's product.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Been a die hard fan of the Lightning since 2003. It seems like forever ago and just yesterday at the same time that I remember watching them win the cup in 04. Can’t believe we’re one game away from winning it again. Today is the day I can feel it in my gut. This team is the greatest Lightning team ever assembled and they deserve more than just this cup and I hope this is a start of many more to come.

Last edited:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I am headed to Amalie for the game - leaving St P in about an hour.

I barely slept, tears welled off and on thinking about... just one game.

In 1999, the MN Vikings were 30s from Superbowl in Miami when Denny Green with the likes of Cunningham, Reed, Moss, Carter, best OL in football, took a knee instead of attempting anything. My seats for Miami were in the 8th row, 45 yard line... I sold them on South Beach after watching the Atlanta Falcons take it to us in OT.

Sports - all of them - died for me.

In 2012, we moved to Tampa - and became STM for the Bolts; holding them until the infamous trade (for me) on 2/27/17. I still cheered, I still rooted and then last year, fully on board, over the hurt/disgust, I cheered, raised my flags, and then ... it felt like Denny Green had risen from the dead to coach hockey.

Here we sit on the cusp. Here we sit so close we can taste it; statistically speaking, the odds are so heavily in our favor only a thunderstorm in summer seems more likely.

Finally, my passion for a team - OUR passion for a team - seems ready to taste sweet victory. And all those years of cheering, rooting, chanting, crying, more chanting, more cheering, more posting ... seems to be coming to its rightful close.

LETS f***ING DO THIS!
Consider that, in case, this would be "my" first big championship.
Ok, I won many Serie A with my soccer team, but the biggest trophy in soccer is the Champions League. Last time Juventus won it was in 1996 and I did not watch the game (I was like 9 years old...). Then, 5 consecutive finals L.
Tampa won the Cup in 2004, it's true. But that series was the first one (or the second) for me, so you can imagine that, at the time, I was not a fan like all of you.
I love also Federer and Tiger Woods, but the individual sports are way different from hockey and soccer...

Believe me: I'm more than nervous...

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Consider that, in case, this would be "my" first big championship.
Believe me: I'm more than nervous...
I was in MN for the Twins in '87 and '91 but I am not, in any measure, a baseball fan... fun to be part of it but ...

That said, I noticed you're from, live in, Turin? (Torino)? If so, may I say that being in Torino, Cesana, Bardonecchia, Sestriere was absolutely stunning, gorgeous and I STILL can't believe how PASSIONATE the Italians are about their country and their sports. The stories I have from the 2006 Olympics - how we were treated, how well taken care of by everyone - immeasurable.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

After nearly 1,500 votes, Bish is the leading candidate with 45.1%. Qdoba is second with 35%, and Oettinger gets 19.9%

While everyone can vote on this, that isn't a great sign of fan confidence in Qdoba's product.

Fun fact: Oettinger is a really cheap brand of beer in Germany. Like really cheap.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I was in MN for the Twins in '87 and '91 but I am not, in any measure, a baseball fan... fun to be part of it but ...

That said, I noticed you're from, live in, Turin? (Torino)? If so, may I say that being in Torino, Cesana, Bardonecchia, Sestriere was absolutely stunning, gorgeous and I STILL can't believe how PASSIONATE the Italians are about their country and their sports. The stories I have from the 2006 Olympics - how we were treated, how well taken care of by everyone - immeasurable.
Exactly, I live in Turin and I'm very proud was both my city and the Agnelli Family did for the 2006 Olympics. And, of course, I'm really happy that the tourists, the athletes and the people in general liked what my city has shown.
I remember that I paid like 200 euros to watch Canada-Russia where I saw Ovechkin for example but also in particular Lecavalier, St. Louis and Richards...I wanted to "meet" only these 3 guys.
Unfortunately the terrorism was still a problem, so it was impossible for me to meet them in the city center, but at least I saw a couple of games.
In Italy the passion for soccer is very high and, let me say, very negative. Yes because the passion usually becomes a war between the fanbases...
The way your country and all of you consider sports is way better than the Italian's one. I noticed many times episodes related to racism, to violence in general...Really bad sometimes, the situation here...

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

Imho Bowness could decide to go "all in" with Bishop in the net.
I won't be surprised tbh...

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Exactly, I live in Turin and I'm very proud was both my city and the Agnelli Family did for the 2006 Olympics.
We were based in Bardonecchia because we are sledder event people first, hockey 2nd. Our bus to the ski jumps almost slid off the highway but they came with trucks to get us to safety and refunded our event funds when the event was rescheduled and conflicted with another event.

The hockey games were amazing - we saw all final rounds including the gold medal game from behind the goal (4th row). We were at the closing ceremony with Andre - omword, so happy to hear him!

What I remember so vividly and brought tears to my eyes then, and now:

After the speed skaters of the US were dominated by the Italian for the gold, the medal ceremony in the piazza was full. Medals draped around the Americans' necks, the Italian took his rightful place atop the gold medal stand. They draped his neck with that precious gold.

Then the Italian national anthem started.

The people sang at the top of their lungs - full of heart for their country, their flag - the joy echoed off the buildings on the vias ... THAT kind of passion... the motto of the Italian Winter Games: Passion Lives Here

And it surely does.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We were based in Bardonecchia because we are sledder event people first, hockey 2nd. Our bus to the ski jumps almost slid off the highway but they came with trucks to get us to safety and refunded our event funds when the event was rescheduled and conflicted with another event.

The hockey games were amazing - we saw all final rounds including the gold medal game from behind the goal (4th row). We were at the closing ceremony with Andre - omword, so happy to hear him!

What I remember so vividly and brought tears to my eyes then, and now:

After the speed skaters of the US were dominated by the Italian for the gold, the medal ceremony in the piazza was full. Medals draped around the Americans' necks, the Italian took his rightful place atop the gold medal stand. They draped his neck with that precious gold.

Then the Italian national anthem started.

The people sang at the top of their lungs - full of heart for their country, their flag - the joy echoed off the buildings on the vias ... THAT kind of passion... the motto of the Italian Winter Games: Passion Lives Here

And it surely does.
It was a magical moment. 2 weeks impossible to forget in our minds. Fortunately (but unfortunately at the same time) we'll see another time the Olympics...in 2026, in Milan and Cortina...
I said unfortunately because Turin was a possibility but....I think it's not the right place to talk about politics...

About the 2006 experience, I remember also the concerts during the night....and a city that, like NY, never slept...
Simply wonderful...Great memories.
I'd pay millions of dollars to jump back to that year (both to watch the Olympics again and to live another time that period of my life).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bowness playing Bishop is like Dallas begging for a miracle. Won't happen IMO. Khudo remains the starter
Yeah I feel like you’d have to be overly desperate to play a goalie that’s been unfit to even backup Khudobin. I saw Bish play on 1 leg in the Stanley Cup Finals before, but I don’t know if Dallas wants to test this on an elimination game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad