GDT: 9/26/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
I have a feeling we're gonna be okay as long as we score more goals than them. Do that and our chances of winning drastically go up
R_Gl_5.gif

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What's great about a win yesterday is that we know that Sutherland and Charron won't be working this one.

Pool for today: McCauley, Kozari, O'Rourke

Kozari & O'Rourke haven't reffed together this series.

The most experienced ref tandem would be McCauley and O'Rourke, which worked Game 3.

edit:
My proprietary black box analytics indicate that McCauley, Sutherland, and Charron have two games each. Kozari and O'Rourke only have one so far and are therefore leading in predictive modeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Anybody still upset about back to backs?
It is absurd. But I think it is an advantage at this point. Less time to think about the implications favors us. Plus, Vasy will be in much better shape than Doby to handle the back-to-back. I thought we were the far better skating team last night. And as I see it, all of the hitting is wearing more on them than us. Ultimately, the circumstances appear to be primed for the train to arrive at the station.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Anybody still upset about back to backs?

Nope. Vasi knows he had a bad game. He's going to come out ferocious tonight and our defense will be smothering their forwards. I look for some great odd man rushes and breakaway chances for our forwards against an exhausted Dallas goalie.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!
I don't want to hear anyone talking about the Cup and the celebrations after a huge win.
We've not won anything yet.
The series is still underway, and Dallas is come here for a reason...So, tonight, we have to play the best game in the last 16 years. This time for real.
Please, stay out of the box and don't gift them goals, like in G4.
GO BOLTS!!

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
"Which brings us to Ed Olczyk. Sniffer of Matt Barzal's jock. Criticizer of every big save Andrei Vasilevskiy makes. Dude who looked like his favorite race horse had to be put down and made into glue right after Nikita Kucherov's GWG with eight seconds left in the Isles series. Why does Ed Olczyk hate the Lightning? Is it the 10-0 pasting the Lightning gave him when he was coaching the Pens back in the day? Is he just channeling his inner Mike Milbury, who had he not been bounced from the bubble for misogynist old-mannery would've been no-doubt filling Olczyk's role as NBCSN's designated Lightning hater as a multi-decade grudge holder against Phil Esposito and, ergo, the team Espo breathed life into? Did he get the bitterness by osmosis from ex-NBCSN co-worker Jeremy Roenick, who cried a river of tears after G7 of the 2004 ECF when the Lightning finally broke the back of "The Legend of Keith Primeau?" Or is that where ex-Flyer Keith Jones' animosity comes from? Either way, whatever possessed Ed Olczyk to try to act like the penalty on Benn was some kind of gross outrage, it just showed what we've known about Olczyk all along in these playoffs. Even the biggest skeptics I know now see it. Your bias is showing, "Edzo." Maybe you should join your buddy Milbury and leave the bubble, too. Because, heck, tomorrow might be a rough, rough night for you, champ. Almost like getting smashed 10-0 all over again.
And Doc Emrick, who signs off on behalf of Dimitry Afanasenkov, Andrei Zyuzin, Bob Beers, and the mighty Duke of Earl, it's admirable you try to defend your co-worker. However, even you, in your person, woman, man, camera, TV state of mind know what happened tonight, and you couldn't paint over it. Shame on you for carrying Olczyk's water.
Maybe we should thank Edzo. It's hard to imagine he'll top the foolishness we saw in Overtime tonight. So we'll get our rightful NBCSN bashing out of the way here in G4, and let the rest of the series be about this Lightning team that, contrary to what you might hear from some at NBCSN, doesn't quit or "go invisible" and just grabs their lunch pail and thus far has risen to the challenge again and again this postseason."

Bolt Prospects | Your Online Source for Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect News

Couldn't agree more with him. It's disgraceful how Olczyk's bias is showing as a National TV announcer in the Stanley Cup Final. Screw him.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
One more win! LFG! Strike Hard! Strike First! No Mercy! Lets sendthem back home! Bring the cup back to Tampa!

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
If there were no pandemic, the boys would have had the opportunity to win the Stanley Cup on home ice. Game 7 vs. Calgary was the most electric environment EVER in Amalie / Ice Palace / SPT Forum. It would have been nice to experience it again.

WE WANT THE CUP. WE WANT THE CUP. WE WANT THE CUP.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
The performances of Hedman, Point, Kucherov are well documented. But I just want to highlight that McDonagh looks like a player who can sense the moment for two games now. He looks utterly possessed out there, throwing some Scott Stevens like hits out there. It is fantastic to watch.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The performances of Hedman, Point, Kucherov are well documented. But I just want to highlight that McDonagh looks like a player who can sense the moment for two games now. He looks utterly possessed out there, throwing some Scott Stevens like hits out there. It is fantastic to watch.

Quoted for truth. He's a nasty motherf***er in this series and I'm loving it;

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
How fitting would it be if we manage to win the cup for Rick. Would have loved for him to broadcast the last few games for us.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The last time the team was in this position was over 16 years ago, and for the past five years this group with Cooper after a fast indoctrination have been bombarded with criticism and regrets.

That can end tonight, they deserve to legitimize this legacy with a Cup before we transition through the next wave of players with the loss of TJ, Killorn, and Paquette. No group we have had deserves it more.

We can’t experience this in solidarity there, but we can be the Thunder for our boys here, and I’m jacked to do it with you guys. Let’s go Bolts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad