GDT: 9/25/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Goal!! Condra!! Hope to see him do much more of this during the season.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
First thing that happens when you put Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov together they have a good SOG followed by this:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Goal again!! Another one by Kuch!! Now this is much more fun and much more us than the other two games we've played this season.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah that and EE Twitter.
We need to petition Vinik to stream these next year for us non American fans.

Yeah I agree, I'm thinking not only us fans but what if one of our rookies that are not from the US has family that wants to see their son play on he big stage and they can't even hear it on the radio, kinda sad.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Interesting to hear Phil talking about Kuch being responsible for keeping his head up and advocating for no retaliation after clean hits. Guess I am used to chief who thinks everything is an injustice against us.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm going tonight.

I'm wondering if tonight is going to be a sell out. There's barely any tickets left on stubhub (under 150) and oddly enough lower bowl tickets were pretty damn expensive for a pre-season game against the panthers.

Has anyone tried the poutine at the arena yet? Thinking of trying some tonight.

Here is the famous Amalie Arena Poutine - from reddit TBL site:
PjZwGmw.jpg

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
What is wrong with our PP, we still keep giving up more chances than we create.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well, not surprised by that at all, the team seem to have backed down and haven't had many SOG this period at all.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Haven't listened to any of the game but the PP depends on a hundred things.

1. Are they trying a different combination to see what works?
2. Is Stamkos parked on his off wing where nothing ever happens like we saw last year?
3. Is he parked in the slot in between 4 defensemen converging on him and everyone is forcing a puck that will never come to him like we saw last year?
4. Is Hedman at the point where he is entirely too predictable?
5. Is Callahan out there at all or is he mindlessly roaming instead of screening the goalie?

Fundamentals of the PP

1. Are they moving their feet or standing still?
2. Are they overpassing the puck?
3. Are they passing the puck to a player who is standing still?
4. Is someone willing to be the shooter here?
5. Are they dumping and chasing sluggishly
6. Are they cycling around the perimeter or are they forcing it to the middle for an easy clear?

I'm gonna sound like a holier than thou jackass no matter what (sorry guys) but these are either things we know have VERY limited success and that these are the main fundamental issues with the PP. They are very correctable things.

By simply moving their feet and having 2 trigger men you could possibly work things out by parking Stamkos back in his old slot effectively luring the PK to one entire side of the ice. Meanwhile the other trigger man sneaks in and scores or he can make a centering pass out front. Someone like Kucherov could pull this off flawlessly to Callahan out front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad