GDT: 9/25/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
At some point tonight I'm going to try and periscope the game from upper deck. It should auto post the link to my twitter (@efranks06).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That top line looks so deadly it's bound to disappoint.

It certainly seems like it would be deadly, but something about it doesn't impress me. I think every line should have some physicality on it and that line has none.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It certainly seems like it would be deadly, but something about it doesn't impress me. I think every line should have some physicality on it and that line has none.

Yeah that line is all offense, but with a high risk of giving up goals. Need some balance on there. Obviously this won't be a line opening day but it still will be fun to watch these guys together and see what they can do.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah that line is all offense, but with a high risk of giving up goals. Need some balance on there. Obviously this won't be a line opening day but it still will be fun to watch these guys together and see what they can do.

Exactly. This is the perfect time to see that line, when the games mean nothing. If they really are as lethal as we think they will be, then maybe we can try to mix Kucherov between TKO and Stamdrou.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Cooper gave some warnings today about StamDru possibly being broken up. It's just a pre-season game, but them laying an egg could mean Dru starting the season on the 3rd line.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cooper gave some warnings today about StamDru possibly being broken up. It's just a pre-season game, but them laying an egg could mean Dru starting the season on the 3rd line.

Drouin - Flip - Condra? :shakehead No offense, DFC. If Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov cannot score a goal tonight or at least look really good, then I would start worrying. lol.

I actually expect a strong game from Drouin and Vladdy tonight, these guys are looking to prove themselves and lock in a spot. For Vladdy's case could be a permanent vs temporary spot.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Exactly. This is the perfect time to see that line, when the games mean nothing. If they really are as lethal as we think they will be, then maybe we can try to mix Kucherov between TKO and Stamdrou.

Yeah, maybe if it looks good offensively that maybe they could throw Kuch on that line if we ever needs some extra goals during the season but not plsy them togther always.

Tonight I hope that maybe they will have Stralman/Nesterov as the defense out there with them gives us some stability defensively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin - Flip - Condra? :shakehead No offense, DFC. If Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov cannot score a goal tonight or at least look really good, then I would start worrying. lol.

I actually expect a strong game from Drouin and Vladdy tonight, these guys are looking to prove themselves and lock in a spot. For Vladdy's case could be a permanent vs temporary spot.

How sad is it that I'm not nearly as worried about Drouin performing as I am about Stamkos?

I do think the line would work best with some sort of grinder, regardless of which winger plays with Stamkos, because both Drouin and Kucherov will bail the puck into the corner if they don't have a better option. Still, you have to think about either of them threading the needle to Stamkos.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How sad is it that I'm not nearly as worried about Drouin performing as I am about Stamkos?

I do think the line would work best with some sort of grinder, regardless of which winger plays with Stamkos, because both Drouin and Kucherov will bail the puck into the corner if they don't have a better option. Still, you have to think about either of them threading the needle to Stamkos.

Drouin has fit in with almost everyone on this team, and has found some chemistry on almost every line, so you should not be as worried about him. It's just if he does not mesh with Stamkos then he is getting dropped to the bottom 6.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Not really. Jagr, Barkov and Huberdeau are out as well as Campbell, Mitchell and Gudbranson.

12 out of 18 is good enough to be considered "starter heavy", no?

I would say we are pretty starter heavy too and we're missing Filppula, Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Brown, Paquette, Hedman, Coburn, and I guess Carle and Sustr.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
12 out of 18 is good enough to be considered "starter heavy", no?

I would say we are pretty starter heavy too and we're missing Filppula, Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Brown, Paquette, Hedman, Coburn, and I guess Carle and Sustr.

Tampa is not starter heavy man. Half our Defense is AHL (Koekkoek/DeAngelo/Dotchin) plus Nestea who is fighting for roster spot. And half our Forwards are AHL + Vladdy fighting for regular ice time: Peca/Vladdy/Erne/Gourde/Angelidis/Vermin. Half the TBL roster is not starter heavy at all and of the starter forwards that we are bringing 2 of 6 are fourth liners: Boyle/Condra. So we are only bringing 4 forwards who are a consistent threat to score at this level.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Damn, non of the radio broadcasts can be found on NHL.com, oh well, guess we'll have to go without it tonight unless someone has better luck than me to find it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well that was a waste of a PP, the only shot was Stammers that was wide of net according to twitter, hopefully we can find a way t improve on our PP once the regular season kicks in.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I saw the first shot and thought maybe the PP was going to be okay. I was wrong. :cry:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I have the feeling that Peca might be one of the first to be called up incase of injury/sickness during next season, it sounds like he's making a great impression and already have two assists in two pre-season games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad