GDT: 9/25/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tampa wins 4 - 1 thanks to a very productive 2nd period because they didn't do much offensively at all in the 3rd and while they had 10 SOG in the third non of them sounded very dangerous though someone who watched it might have a different opinion, I think they had only 1 or 2 SOG during the PP's tonight which FLA's goalie had to save, that's not good either, over all, happy with the win but they still have things to work on but hopefully once they get to play as a full team they can work out some of those. Both our goalies had a great game though and really kept the team in it some of the time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
you will. i guarantee it. if not, you can send him back over here to ottawa and i'll sneak him on the team one way or another.

He played the 3rd line for you guys, right? Think he can solidify our 3rd line, and we can move Paquette down to the 4th line with Boyle and Brown. He looked good with Filppula the other game, so we shall see.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
He played the 3rd line for you guys, right? Think he can solidify our 3rd line, and we can move Paquette down to the 4th line with Boyle and Brown. He looked good with Filppula the other game, so we shall see.

he played mostly 3rd. some fourth, and even stints on the second line (only recommended if you want your second line to generate chances but not score) in his years here.

the way he played on the condra - pageau - lazar line last season (yes, he plays both wings) makes me think you guys are going to have quite the third line. pageau is no filppula, so i imagine he'll post some career years point wise. that and bring his amazing defense, speed, hustle, hard work, and really high hockey iq. we would often say here that if condra was a slightly better passer, and could actually shoot, he'd be a first liner.

i was his biggest fan, so i might be a little biased though.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I was at the game tonight, here are a few opinions:
Peca was fantastic, dangles for days. Really impressed with the kid, the play assisting on Kucherov's 1st goal was great.
Kucherov was really good, thought he was good at creating chances, but on the powerplay he passed on some wide open shooting opportunities and I cringed.
Namestnikov was solid. I liked his game, deserving of the 3rd star. He was good on offense, but in the defensive zone he gave up two very nasty turnovers, the two worst for the whole team in my opinion.
Stamkos was good at moving the puck at times but other than that he was pretty much invisible.
Drouin was showing off his skill and you could see him working to help on defense. Tried to do a little too much by himself with the puck sometimes, and turned it over.
Callahan was pretty good.
Erne I thought had a very good first half of the game, second half I didn't really notice him but I like the kid a lot.
Boyle and Condra were good. Nice goal. Though Condra messed up bad on a breakaway, but that happens.
Stralman and Garrison were good.
Deangelo could work on decision making in the D-zone imo. However he did show his potential.
Koko-Dotchin was a good pairing tonight.

Bishop was solid.
Gudlevskis showed off his athleticism and played well, but he lost track of the puck several times. He could work on his vision.

My 3 stars:
1. Peca
2. Kucherov
3. Namestnikov
(feel these are correct)

Nobody stood out as being bad.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Boyle and Condra were good. Nice goal. Though Condra messed up bad on a breakaway, but that happens.

if you mean condra got a breakaway and messed up, expect to see that every 1-3 games. he is a master of getting breakaways and either missing the net or firing a weak shot on goal.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
That was an awesome game last night!

Hope some of you were able to watch my periscope even though I'm sure the quality wasn't great because they don't have free wifi in there.

The poutine was surprisingly gross even after drinking many beers.

Players:

Stamkos: Invisible besides a few good crisp passes.
Kucherov: Best player on the ice and it looked like he wasn't trying.
Bishop: I think he played an absolutely great game while he was in.
Gudlevskis: Look a bit squirly but still played great.
Condra: He is a great player, such a huge improvement from Morrow it's not even funny.

I'd go through every player but I have a headache...

and lastly our power play is hot garbage.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Gudlevskis: Look a bit squirly but still played great.

He was visibly nervous in warm-ups. Seemed to even out a bit in the 3rd, but I'd wager some of the (more than usual) flailing was nerves. I'm still hopeful he can at least keep it together enough to send Emery packing.

I still haven't made it up to 306 for poutine, but I know Smoke's from living in Toronto. Where, ironically, it's considered the drunk food of choice. :laugh:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
He was visibly nervous in warm-ups. Seemed to even out a bit in the 3rd, but I'd wager some of the (more than usual) flailing was nerves. I'm still hopeful he can at least keep it together enough to send Emery packing.

I still haven't made it up to 306 for poutine, but I know Smoke's from living in Toronto. Where, ironically, it's considered the drunk food of choice. :laugh:

I'm hoping for the same thing. I do not want Emery on the team.

I was pretty drunk while eating it and it still was pretty damn gross.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks for the videos. Wow our guys were flying and really passing with creativity. Pretty much everyone.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow what great highlights by Peca. Syracuse is going to have some amazing talent this year. Hope he gets a fair chance to make the Lightning next year. It's amazing how the Lightning keep finding these under-sized prospects who have so much to offer.

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov deserves another look too. I'm just glad Cooper even gave it a try to begin with. My guilty indulgence has been satisfied knowing that they can make a beautiful goal together.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin-Paquette-Kucherov :p

Seriously though, the creativity between Kuch and Drouin could break the meter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad