Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
4-1 Final

I think our biggest question marks will be on the blueline. Suter, Brodin, Ballard, Dumba look good. Beyond that, say a little prayer.

This is the most confident I've been in regards to the offense. And you guys know I can be a Debbie Downer. So many of the kids are pushing hard. Cooke and Pom are major upgrades from what we had at the start of last season in regards to Cluts, Butch, and Seto. We've got guys going to the net rather than dipsy doodling back. Nino will be fun to watch with the way he isn't afraid to get near the paint.

Now this IS preseason. I repeat, it is preseason. And not everybody is gonna be flying like they are now. But the biggest thing is we may finally have options. Whether it be in Houston or simply mixing up a line mid-game. I honestly think that Coyle has looked good with any guy that he was thrown along side. Right now we don't have to rely on the top line, we don't need to panic with Granlund being somewhat hurt, and if someone starts to struggle, we give Houston a call.

Loved what a lot of the guys brought tonight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Coyle had people on the edge of their seats at times. So did Pom. He looks more comfortable now that he's had time to really gel with the guys.

Hate to say it, but I think it's gonna be tough for Zucker and Granlund to find a good spot right now. But it's a good problem to have.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I was skeptical about moving Coyle to center happy hes working out but a little worried at what it means for Granlund.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I was skeptical about moving Coyle to center happy hes working out but a little worried at what it means for Granlund.
The one good thing is we don't have to put all our eggs in his basket like we were somewhat doing last year. It could help with his development. He'll have his time. No doubt. But we won't have to "Sheppard" him due to lack of talent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Put him on the wing and the PP and he'll be fine. Bouchard had 50 assists on the wing, it's not going to hinder his playmaking ability at all.

OpRedDawn*

could nino play LW on the 2nd line? i wonder.. cuz I really want Cooke Brodz Mitchell to be together. And, sounds like zucker needs more work in houston, and perhaps granny

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I can't wait to see Coyle again when the season starts. Brodin was the dream last year, hopefully Coyle is the bright shining star this year.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Was Zucker that bad?

Not really. Same story from Yeo, though. Bury someone with limited minutes and linemates and wonder why they aren't making an impact.

As long as Yeo is coach in Minnesota, Zucker's not going to get a realistic sniff. For whatever the reason. Shame. Finally get a player who has the the willingness and ability to shoot the puck and the coach can't seem to figure out how to use it.

At this point, I just can't see how Dumba doesn't stick. The defense beyond Suter, Brodin, and any given minute Spurgeon and Ballard is just so terrible. Of the games I've been to this preseason, Stoner, Scandella, and Prosser have all been nightmares. None of them belong on NHL ice, IMO.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Coyle had people on the edge of their seats at times. So did Pom. He looks more comfortable now that he's had time to really gel with the guys.

Hate to say it, but I think it's gonna be tough for Zucker and Granlund to find a good spot right now. But it's a good problem to have.

That's just cause you might be now realizing just how good Pominville is..people don't respect him enough around here. Guy is a player. A big time player. You can easily make an argument he's our top forward. And he will compete to be our leading scorer this year. Might even be the leader.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Russo said in his blog that Scandella had his best game of the pre-season. With what you guys that were at the game had to say about him tonight. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad