GDT: 9/23/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville [Preseason Game 2]

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I have to think Wilcox is not going to be high on the call up list with his showing thus far.

7/8 goals against

Yeah, he needs more time before handling the NHL but it was good test for him, at least he now knows what it's like in the NHL and what he might need to work on, I think we'll at next seasons training camp if he have improved.

I will say only hearing the game and not watching it that Walcott sounds like he did an impresive job, should be great for the crunch.

And Sustr, what can you say, I think he was out there for like every goal against and he was a -3, I know we have to trust in the Yzerman but I still don't know what he saw in him that we haven't seen to give him a new contract, sure he could still develop but I don't think doing it on a tam that's aiming for the SC is the place to do it, you need 'd' who is already there or only a minor step away but Sustr is to far away and could use some time in the crunch to really become effective.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
I havent seen much more than glimpses of Masin. I have heard he has quite an edge to his game, true?

Don't really know how you imagine someone having an edge, but I heard he can get quite physical. I think he was the C of czech U18 or U20. Guess he might take garrison's spot as he could be less physical than gudas but better as a player or at least puck mover at time when garrison's contract is over.

Also, how did mean mašín look like last night?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
The boxscore for last night's game.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015010032

Some interesting stuffs: Sustr was on the ice for all 5v5 goals against, Witkowski played a lot of 5v5 minutes and Nesterov had apparently (?) a respectable game with a game leading 5 shots on net and played the most minutes on the team with 21:05 TOI.

Not surprising to hear from Nesterov. He is one of the guys on the bubble. Coaching staff played the crap out of him to see what they got.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The boxscore for last night's game.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015010032

Some interesting stuffs: Sustr was on the ice for all 5v5 goals against, Witkowski played a lot of 5v5 minutes and Nesterov had apparently (?) a respectable game with a game leading 5 shots on net and played the most minutes on the team with 21:05 TOI.

I can't wait for Sustr and Carle to be off this team...

At least Sustr was getting eaten alive by NHLers. Carle couldn't keep up with a bunch of prospects and rookies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad