Post-Game Talk: 9/19 - Pre Season #2 - Bruins @ Flyers - 7pm ET - NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
where did youget this stat?

It's a fact, did the leg work myself so I can't produce a link but it's a generally excepted fact around here even if it was a small sample size.

It was actually marginally better, not by much, we're talking insignificant %'s , but the narrative that Krug runs the PP has yet to be proven and I strongly dispute that claim.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's a fact, did the leg work myself so I can't produce a link but it's a generally excepted fact around here even if it was a small sample size.

It was actually marginally better, not by much, we're talking insignificant %'s , but the narrative that Krug runs the PP has yet to be proven and I strongly dispute that claim.
Think that narrative came from him finishing 3rd in the league among defensemen in power play points dispute missing 20 games on the year. But hey believe what you want.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think you are right but he isn`t there yet as much as I love the kid

Maybe not.....but I’m among those that feel a lack of scoring up front, especially 5 on 5 is their most glaring issue.

I know this is a narrow way to look at this but in the biggest games, the PP rarely gets more than 1 or 2 chances.

I think they got 1 PP in game 7 vs. the Blues.

Even if the PP drops 5-8% without Krug, if they can get a guy who scores 15 or so more goals than whoever is penciled into the 2RW spot today, the team will likely benefit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe not.....but I’m among those that feel a lack of scoring up front, especially 5 on 5 is their most glaring issue.

I know this is a narrow way to look at this but in the biggest games, the PP rarely gets more than 1 or 2 chances.

I think they got 1 PP in game 7 vs. the Blues.

Even if the PP drops 5-8% without Krug, if they can get a guy who scores 15 or so more goals than whoever is penciled into the 2RW spot today, the team will likely benefit.
I think thus far we see CM make very good plays with the puck, see`s the ice very well but with Krug what he does on the PP is not just make great plays but does so with more urgency than what we see CM doing thus far. Charlie has the tendency to hang onto the puck just a moment longer and that split second is often what opponents need to make a play on a pass. Please don`t take this as me being anti Charlie, absolutely love the kid but if I`m starting a team and have the choice of either on the 1st PP unit, as of this day, I tap Krug on the shoulder first 8 days a week but I think Charlie will get there

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad