Post-Game Talk: 9/19 - Pre Season #2 - Bruins @ Flyers - 7pm ET - NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
You didn't, but why would Boston trade him for anything less than an over-payment? He fits perfectly on the 4th line. Here's the problem with posters who get all excited about Kuraly... They forget that he's been tried higher in the lineup before and didn't look good. He looked over-matched because at the end of the day, he's not good enough to play any higher in the lineup than the 4th line.

Yes, I watched him in the playoffs. Why are you asking me that? Wasted space type comment. Offers really nothing.

He elevates on the big stage in the playoffs, which is awesome. He also elevates his play on the 4th line. I love the kid. I want him in the lineup everyday. I just don't want him higher in the lineup. He hasn't worked there.
Oh he would be 3rd line on slot of teams. All I said is a GM should look at him. Why so sensitive. Wasn’t trying to argue.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Cue the Krug for Laine rumours
I know he is mega talented but that may cost a lot to the cap and not sure about his attitude and back. Connor would be awesome as a do over. How about Cehlarik, Zboril and Grizz for Connor. No idea what the Jets want from us.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Just finished the DVR . . .Blidh got crunched in the first- I saw an elbow to the head in the corner as he was going down- not reading through 22 pages but was that what took him out? I never saw him after that. Too bad, because he was playing well. Petrovic looks like an NHLer with all the kids back there, but too slow and not offensively skilled enough. Might be good on a 2 way to start in Prov. Zech is a peppy little player, liked him out there. Backes didn't look any better than he did last year- a step behind, reflexes not there. Studnicka looks physically outmatched. Urho was pretty quiet. Bjork was solid. Gaunce was decent too, but where does he fit? Agree with @Alicat Cehlarik was meh outside the goal That highsticking penalty was just poor.
Yeah , I wasn’t watching the game closely but I recall one play in the first period where anybody else would of had a breakaway but Backes lack of foot speed just killed the play . Time to hang them up .

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Oh he would be 3rd line on slot of teams. All I said is a GM should look at him. Why so sensitive. Wasn’t trying to argue.

Those teams wouldn't be very good then. He's not a 3rd liner on a contending team.

The only one who seems to have gotten sensitive is you lol. I'm just disagreeing with your take.... It's a message board, you know that's allowed, right?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork?
Heinen - Coyle - Kuhlman/Ritchie
Wagner - Kuraly - Nordstrom/Ritchie/Backes

I don't even know

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Bjork - Coyle - Kuhlman/Ritchie
Wagner - Kuraly - Nordstrom/Ritchie

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Those teams wouldn't be very good then. He's not a 3rd liner on a contending team.

The only one who seems to have gotten sensitive is you lol. I'm just disagreeing with your take.... It's a message board, you know that's allowed, right?
Is that why he had the most minutes of any center one playoff game? Give him solid wingers and he would score more. We can’t get rid of him because he was built to play in the playoffs Disagree all you want You think it was a coincidence we got better after he came back in the Toronto series?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Is that why he had the most minutes of any center one playoff game? Give him solid wingers and he would score more. We can’t get rid of him because he was built to play in the playoffs Disagree all you want You think it was a coincidence we got better after he came back in the Toronto series?

Kuraly reminds me of a poor mans Coyle without the stick handling talent.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Here are my thoughts from last nights game:
Bjork - showed some great speed and skill. He will make the team and should be in the top 9 mix.
Heinen - played well with Bjork and Coyle. They would make a great third line.
Coyle - solid game and we will benefit from having him for 82 games this year. Expect 20 goals and 50++ points this year.
Kulhman - he has some serious speed and forechecks like crazy. He has to be on the team, would try him on the second line to start.
Stud - needs some experience in the AHL, lacking a bit of foot speed and strength. Might be a late call up.
Backes - He cannot keep up with the pace anymore and got nailed on the wall by Frost. Demote to AHL / becomes a very expensive 12/13th forward.
Debrusk - played well top 6
Kuraly - showed a bit more strength protecting the puck, won some key faceoffs and showed why he is a valuable 4th center that can fill in a higher spot when needed.
The rest of the forwards are meh / okay all will start in the AHL. Lantosi is an interesting pickup. I think he has a chance to stick as a 4th liner next year.
Clifton - was our best dee needs to play everyday for us.
Lauzon - he has improved from last year, looks a bit bigger and stronger on the puck, makes a great first pass is solid defensively. He allows us to part ways with Miller and or Moore.
Zech - very pleased with his play. He has a high hockey IQ, makes really intelligent plays and is rarely caught out of position. He would be ready to fill in due to injury with top 6. We need to get him signed to an NHL contract. I see him playing next year, a much less expensive option if Krug leaves.
Vaak - he reminds me of Mark Howe ( skating wise) every time I see him play. If he can become 80% of the player Howe was, we have something special.
The rest are AHL players / fillers if needed.

Reactions: Estlin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For me, its Krug, 100 times over. I think Gryz's offense takes a pretty decent uptick with more opportunity, and Mac is 100% a 55-65 point guy when he takes over on the #1 PP. Plus I think if you throw in a few prospects or a pick you can really get a significant top 6 forward back, and then you spend that 7-8 million on that player instead of on Krug. Trade from a position of strength, and clearly this organization has the most depth on D. Obviously you could move one of the younger guys, but that's just now how I'd personally do it. Not sure Donny feels the same, but we shall see.

I’ve never, ever liked a guy that I want traded as much as Krug,

(If that makes sense.....if it doesn’t what I mean is that I really like Krug, but trading him for a legit forward gives them the best chance for success, IMO).

It is a really odd feeling.

I just feel that McAvoy is ready to take the next step offensively to be a 45+ point guy this year and beyond.

I think the defense is solidly 8 deep, maybe 10 but the forwards need one more legit guy to be cup worthy.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

(If that makes sense.....if it doesn’t what I mean is that I really like Krug, but trading him for a legit forward gives them the best chance for success, IMO).

I just feel that McAvoy is ready to take the next step offensively to be a 45+ point guy this year and beyond.

I think the defense is solidly 8 deep, maybe 10 but the forwards need one more legit guy to be cup worthy.

McAvoy P/GP puts him at a 42 point player over 82 games. If he's giving you 45 then you're only gaining 3 points while trading 50+ that you need to make up for just to break even on trading Krug.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

There isn’t a dman on this team that can match Krug’s offence, McAvoy is not close yet. Krug needs to stay unless they receive a very big over payment, this core can win easier with him than without him.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

100000%. I'm right there with you. I like Krug the person, I like Krug the player... but considering the cap and how this team is currently set up roster wise... moving him in a trade to acquire a legit top 6, hopefully a guy that is a top 2 C that can play wing... that's the ideal scenario. I honestly don't know if Donnie sees it that way or else I feel like he would have done it during the Summer.

-- To respond to the comment about McAvoy point totals... he's a 55-70 point guy with Krug gone and 1st PP time. Guaranteed. Gryz will chip in more. Clifton will chip in more. Vaak if he's the guy replacing Krug, John Moore. Not worried about it. Up front scoring is needed way more.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad