GDT: 9/17/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #6 New York Islanders [ECF Game 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's not Tortz or Trotz, the final villian is none other than Rick Bowness, the guy behind you all along!
Lol the idea of Rick Bowness as a villain. Kind of like if Ross and Monica's dad from Friends being the true villain.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Overreaction mode on:

Dress Joseph or Volkov and Stephens
Bench Killorn and Johnson.
And, hopefully, dress Stammer.
Not sure Joseph can even get a helmet on with the hair he's currently rocking.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Victor Hedman and the hockey Gods are having an all out war for supreme deity of the hockey universe. It must be why our luck is so shitty. They're trying to stop him

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
And they are why we’re worried about the cap, lol

Pretty cool that cirelli has decided to play bad and ensure that he is affordable next year. Real team dude right there

From the movie, It's a Wonderful Bolts Life:

"Look daddy, every time Cirelli chokes, $ergechev'$ agent rings the cash register"

"Yes Zuzu, Cirelli is going to enjoy the mold and smells of Seattle."

Dude should be paid like a 2way ahl call up

This could give us a man advantage if Celery is out for a while.

Buy a Draken, or whatever the hell sea creature Cirelli jersey then. He won't be here after the last 2 months of the season and these playoffs. He's playing scared now, and that's why he got hurt. You can't play scared.

Point and Stammer have proven to leave it all out there.

There goes his 5 million per year ?

Celery is playing scared.

Scared is dead in the playoffs.

These aged well!
Watched this kid from junior, wished Leafs would have drafted him...need players like this in these moments. He has proven to score the big goals, 2015 MEM CUP OT, 2017 OT OHL CHAMPION, and now EAST CONFERENCE OT clincher to play for the Stanley Cup. The kid just works, it may not always be pretty but his will doesn't waver, most likely playing hurt throughout playoffs, and went down hard in this game only to come back and score OT winner. I get he's only scored 3 goals but all important goals, Game 5 CBJ to tie game to send to OT, Game 5 BOS go ahead goal, and now OT goal to send you guys to SCF....not so bad. Good Luck in the Finals

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
These aged well!
Watched this kid from junior, wished Leafs would have drafted him...need players like this in these moments. He has proven to score the big goals, 2015 MEM CUP OT, 2017 OT OHL CHAMPION, and now EAST CONFERENCE OT clincher to play for the Stanley Cup. The kid just works, it may not always be pretty but his will doesn't waver, most likely playing hurt throughout playoffs, and went down hard in this game only to come back and score OT winner. I get he's only scored 3 goals but all important goals, Game 5 CBJ to tie game to send to OT, Game 5 BOS go ahead goal, and now OT goal to send you guys to SCF....not so bad. Good Luck in the Finals
Funny a leafs fan quotes a bunch of die hard lightning fans during one of the most frustrating games. He has been the most disappointing player because we know what he’s capable of. We also know he’s playing like shit in the playoffs on a contract year when we need him to step up while Stamkos is injured. He has proven he can’t fill those shoes so shouldn’t be paid like a 2 line center. The goal last night is a good start but he has a long way to prove himself earning big money.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
They really did it, didn't they.

We really have another life to live #GoBolts #OurTime

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I can't believe we're over 2 to 1 favorites to beat Dallas when they beat the #1 and #2 seeds in the West and beat us both times in the regular season.

Their roster is twice as talented as the Isles. This is going to be a tough friggin series for both teams.

Reactions: Hoek

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I can't believe we're over 2 to 1 favorites to beat Dallas when they beat the #1 and #2 seeds in the West and beat us both times in the regular season.

Their roster is twice as talented as the Isles. This is going to be a tough friggin series for both teams.
It's all about the match ups.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The Isles top goal scorers before the series:

Beauvillier - 8 goals
Pageau - 7 goals
Lee - 7 goals
Nelson - 7 goals
Barzal - 5 goals

What they did during the ECF:

Beauvillier - 1 goal
Pageau - 1 empty net goal
Lee - 0 goals
Nelson - 2 goals
Barzal - 0 goals

Bolts did a pretty good job of keeping their best players locked down.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
We definitely didn't deserve the outcome last night considering all the blown opportunities but I'm gonna take it.

Sheesh, probably the dumbest take I've seen on this thread, and that includes all the "OMG THIS TEAM IS CHOKERZ" crap that dominated the overtime discussion.

We owned NY last night. Just came up against a hot goaltender, and no puck luck. It took the last, greasy bit of everything we had to will that puck over the goal line in OT.

The team that played better -- by far -- won the game.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Sheesh, probably the dumbest take I've seen on this thread, and that includes all the "OMG THIS TEAM IS CHOKERZ" crap that dominated the overtime discussion.

We owned NY last night. Just came up against a hot goaltender, and no puck luck. It took the last, greasy bit of everything we had to will that puck over the goal line in OT.

The team that played better -- by far -- won the game.
Chill out guy.

We blew a TON of opportunities in that game. Multiple PPs wasted, all sorts of sloppy mistakes. We didn't deserve to win but we did. We overcame all the dumb shit that we did to ourselves and won the game.

Not sure how that's a "dumb take" but do you little man.

Reactions: Discipline

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Congratulations fellow Tampa fans!

Can't say I'm ready to take off the blue and orange but I'm rooting for the Lightning the rest of the way. Classy team. Loved the mutual respect shown at the handshake line. When I'm not watching my Islanders I sometimes make my way to Amalie Arena I try real hard to cheer on on the Bolts but it never seemed genuine as I find that I am indeed a die hard Islander fan even after all these years and after moving to Tampa. Now that my team has been eliminated I can root for the Lightning guilt free. Good luck guys and may the force be with you.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Both regular season games ended in overtime. 3v3 overtime, of course, doesn't exist in the playoffs, so for all intents and purposes, the two regular season games ended in ties. So that's #1.

#2 - you said the same thing about the Islanders being twice the team, or something, as the Blue Jackets were. In the regular season, excluding 3v3 overtime and shootout results, the Stars were 26-24 with a goal difference of 0 this season. Which is pretty much right in line with the Blue Jackets (25-22, 0 GD) and Islanders (24-23, -2 GD). Pretty much the same types of teams, too. Dallas scored 169 goals and allowed 169, Islanders scored 181 and allowed 183, and the Blue Jackets scored 172 and allowed 172.

They can beat us because it's hockey and anything can happen, but my expectations for this series are no different than they were for either of the other series. We're the better team. Of course we should be favorites.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

They are also healthy

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm definitely not sleeping on Dallas as I think this will be a tough series. However I like the way we have played team d over the tournament. We haven't seen a ton of mistakes back there. A few have cost us, and others vasi has been the difference. I'm expecting a tight series but I think I give us an edge in net, D, and overall depth. Not by a whole lot with our current injuries it will hurt and could be the difference in the series. I think if our d and vasi continue their good play, our pp improves (dallas has a pretty good pp, and our top guys can contribute even though they are banged up then I really like our chances.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Funny a leafs fan quotes a bunch of die hard lightning fans during one of the most frustrating games. He has been the most disappointing player because we know what he’s capable of. We also know he’s playing like shit in the playoffs on a contract year when we need him to step up while Stamkos is injured. He has proven he can’t fill those shoes so shouldn’t be paid like a 2 line center. The goal last night is a good start but he has a long way to prove himself earning big money.

Definitely understand frustrating games, I’m a leaf fan, just know the kid is a gamer watching him in junior.... bigger picture. Reaching SCF is no easy feat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad