GDT: 9/17/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #6 New York Islanders [ECF Game 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
What if I told you back in 2015 that we would have a pandemic and in the 2020 Stanley cup finals have no fans in the stands and it would be Rick Bowness vs Jon cooper as the head coaches for each team? !

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
U guys crack me up, every year i hear how much you wanna fire cooper for some odd reason.
Guy is one of the best coaches on this planet, incredibly talented.
Huge fan of the fanbase tho, You guys are kind of like us Canucks fan.
Lots of passion, both good and bad lol
Good luck in the finals guys!

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
U guys crack me up, every year i hear how much you wanna fire cooper for some odd reason.
Guy is one of the best coaches on this planet, incredibly talented.
Huge fan of the fanbase tho, You guys are kind of like us Canucks fan.
Lots of passion, both good and bad lol
Good luck in the finals guys!

It's a blessing and a curse having this talented team for as long as weve been good. Lots of success, but big expectations and huge disapointment when it doesn't pan out. We realize these chances don't come around too often, although we've been blessed that we have been as close as we have this many times in the last 6 years. But it's always what could have been if we don't win a cup. Just need to finish this one now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Everyone excited and cheering, Pat Maroon the only cup winner on this team walks back stone faced: "Haven't won it guys"

Damn.

That's not a happy looking group for just having won the Eastern Conference. The happiest guys are the scratches, which probably makes sense as they didn't have any direct control over the game.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How about we just bench Johnson and put Verhaeghe in? Feel like something needs to be done about that line and I think he could bring some actual offense there
Killorn would be the change. He's LW on the line and can't be put at center like Johnson.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
How about we just bench Johnson and put Verhaeghe in? Feel like something needs to be done about that line and I think he could bring some actual offense there

I was thinking that exact thing either as I tried to sleep after the game or when I woke up this morning. Who else do we have in the bubble?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
We definitely didn't deserve the outcome last night considering all the blown opportunities but I'm gonna take it. It's been real hard for me to be engaged this year after last season but I'm willing to believe just enough to be completely torn apart in the next round.

We're f'n blessed beyond measure to have Hedman. He's a GOD out there.

I still don't see much reason to try and bring Stamkos back. Hasn't been in a game since Feb and we want to stick him in the lineup in the SCF? I know we're hurting for offense right now (what's new) but I don't know that he would have much of an impact.

I'm along for the ride ladies and gents.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I mean, we are hurting for warm bodies and guys that can win faceoffs. Stamkos can at least do that, and help the PP at least as a decoy.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Our PP was 0-5 yesterday and something like 1 for its last 15. The PP almost cost us BACK TO BACK playoff OT games. It's a disaster.

We get beat on the dot in almost every game.

And our 2nd line has been basically worthless.

What exactly is the risk we would be taking by putting him in the lineup? I dont see a downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad