GDT: 9/16 - Detroit @ Pittsburgh - 7:00 PM

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So how long is it gonna take Jarnkrok to impress me? Everyting he's done in NA has been completely underwhelming.
I'm expecting more from him too, but he was solid defensively today and imo didn't really have enough TOI to make an impression. I feel he's the kind of player that will look better the better his linemates are. Would like to see him in another preseason game with someone like Tatar/Nyquist on his line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So how long is it gonna take Jarnkrok to impress me? Everyting he's done in NA has been completely underwhelming.

If he wasn't a center I don't think he would have been selected our #1 prospect. Seems to me like he's a tad overrated on this board.

Johnz96*

Almquist with the 2 PP lasers was also a +2 on the night meaning he was on the ice for all the Wings goals. I wonder how many they would have scored if he got more than 14:55 of ice-time.
Great game for Tatar as well, he was dangerous all night.

Last edited by a moderator:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not too worried about Jarnkrok. He will benefit from a year in GR. Doesn't look like he is playing with much confidence right now. NA style probably still a little overwhelming for him. He'll adapt, just needs some more time.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I guess RWN was right 7 months ago. Tatar and Datsyuk were the most dangerous forwards. Ferraro and Glending were O.K. but honestly can't keep up with Tatar. It was funny my feed was like a strobe light and in an instant Tatar was jumping to a new side racing past everbody else.

Andersson doesn't look himself without more skilled players.

Our D is exactly like last year. Some good plays, some terrible. But just like last year we manage to win most games, it's just a painful process.

Samuelsson had like 10 shots but they were so perimeter. It is never a bad idea to whip it at the net but IDK. He and Cleary were servicable? but I would rather some of our deeper prospects at this point.

I don't like Abdelkader on the top line. It didn't fit last year and he doesn't deserve it. I truly hope someone, anyone, can steal his spot on that line.

Overall this game (what I saw of it) was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the game Thursday on FSD!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The thought of a line starring Jarnkrok + any of Nyquist, Jurco, Frk, etc. is exciting. Will be happy to watch Jarnkrok's progress this year.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't mind seeing nyquist with iron hook next year on the rw but I do not want them playing together this year. Will be interesting to see them + either jurco or frk in a couple years though.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Is Jarnkrok playing in Sweden again this year?

GR. He had a pretty nondescript performance tonight but didn't play a ton. I liked that he moved his feet. I would like to see him with better players.

I thought AA looked really good playing with better players tonight. I forget how soft his hands are.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Really happy Tatar picked up a goal. The more he shows how awesome he can be the better chance we have of somehow convincing Babs to keep him. Or worst case, trade him for good value

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I thought AA looked really good playing with better players tonight. I forget how soft his hands are.

Kid is simply dynamic in the Offensive Zone.

I frequently bag on the rest of his game, but I can't take that away from him.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Does Cleary have naked pictures of Babcock or something?
I don't understand how the most worthless player gets so much ice-time when skilled guys like Tatar and Andersson have to fight for every second?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Does Cleary have naked pictures of Babcock or something?
I don't understand how the most worthless player gets so much ice-time when skilled guys like Tatar and Andersson have to fight for every second?

Many have speculated.

No one knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad