65 Danny DeKeyser — 4 Jakub Kindl
27 Kyle Quincey — 2 Brendan Smith
51 Brennan Evans — 53 Adam Almqvist

35 Jimmy Howard
34 Petr Mrazek

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/379289562352087040/photo/1

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWingsNow*

Why the **** is hands of stone Glendening playing with Tatar? A center who can't pass with a guy who loves to shoot.

Babcock's idiocy reigns supreme.

Cleary-Andersson-Sammy --- puke.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Why the **** is hands of stone Glendening playing with Tatar? A center who can't pass with a guy who loves to shoot.

Babcock's idiocy reigns supreme.

Cleary-Andersson-Sammy --- puke.

Our two best players and our two most promising offensive prospects have a lot in common. They're both playing with 4th liners. (Abby, Tootoo)

Thank god it's only preseason. Maybe he's just trying to get the ridiculous line matching out of the way now.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
These lines are perfectly fine. For young and new players, you mix it up like this and you get to see these guys from different angles. Angles that you wouldn't normally see. You can see how they adapt to different situations, different paces, and different style linemates. This is how you get a full picture of a player. That's the point of preseason. These aren't regular season games that earn points, and they aren't practices that get you ready for those regular season games. These games are auditions.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I hope Jarnkrok and Mantha play on Thursday when FSD airs the game against Boston. I want to see them play.

Lines aren't that bad. Cleary at second is whatever.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I hope Jarnkrok and Mantha play on Thursday when FSD airs the game against Boston. I want to see them play.

Me too. It's too early to call, but I really expect Mantha to at least be a serviceable 2nd line scorer in a few years. He's got the size and drive to put the puck in the net. Long as he adapts to the faster NHL game, he should be prospect we haven't seen in Detroit for some time.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I feel for andersson for that game. Will be most excited to see 3rd and 4th lines though.

From what I gather from the practice reports of camp quincy and smith have (once again) not been a good consistent pairing (oh well hopefully next year we get emelin or giradi to pair with smith pretty please).

So it doesn't suprise me that kindl-dekeyser have jumped them.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Me too. It's too early to call, but I really expect Mantha to at least be a serviceable 2nd line scorer in a few years. He's got the size and drive to put the puck in the net. Long as he adapts to the faster NHL game, he should be prospect we haven't seen in Detroit for some time.

From what we understand he has attitude and ethic issues. I don't know how severe or crucial they are, but based on clips on youtube of him from games with Val'dor, he honestly could turn into a Rick Nash type player. I believe he can turn into that 40 goal scorer we so somewhat desperately need.

I'm excited about him and would LOVE to see him play in Boston.

I also want to see if Calle can be that potential top six center.

Last edited:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The scary thing about the Cleary-Andy-Sammy line is that if Helm is out long term there is a good chance that it (or a very similar one) will be the 3rd line to start....puke.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Glendening, Tatar and Ferraro together doesn't look half bad IMO. They will be tenacious as hell and swarming the net, probably drawing a couple of PP's.

Also interested to see how Almqvist fares.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Glendening, Tatar and Ferraro together doesn't look half bad IMO. They will be tenacious as hell and swarming the net, probably drawing a couple of PP's.

Also interested to see how Almqvist fares.

Yep and all three of them are fairly close to the NHL. Tatar will make it this year but the other 2 could get some call ups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad