GDT: 9/15/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #6 New York Islanders vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
At least Cirelli HAS picked up his play in our own end. Still looks like there's 0% chance he'll have an impact offensively, but Killorn and Johnson have been abysmal in all aspects of the game.

Shame.
Killorn has at least been pretty good on the PK, but he is a black hole in the offensive zone. And TJ has just been getting ragdolled and losing every puck battle. He has become playoff Namestnikov somehow. We are going to need Point back.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do Palat and Kuch have that strong of a chemistry without Point? Could they split them up between the first two lines?

Palat to center is probably a non-starter. I always felt he had the tools for it, but he doesn't have experience.

Line blender does go wrrr.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm a bit nervous but for the Islanders to win those 2 games basically everything had to go right for them and get a mistake at the end. We were able to win a close one in Game 2 just gotta do it again if it comes to that.

Perhaps a bit more relevant experience, we were up 3-0 on Montreal in 2015 and let them win the next 2 before finally closing them out, same with 3-2 against the Rangers, so we have recovered from failing to finish teams before.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well thanks for that little nugget...sure hope we're not gonna reference this post in a few days

Also... "president's trophy winning teams don't get swept in the 1st round, especially no way to a team who's never won a playoff series"..... :eek:

Sure as hell I also hope this post is not quoted in a few days :D:D:D

I'm confident for game 6. If we lose, well, that will be another matter

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I thought about adding 2004 but that has nothing to do with this group of Lightning players. Now, the 2011 ECF final had a few players from this years team, so I counted it. Plus, a 10 year sample was fair with both Stamkos & Hedman on that 2011 Lightning team.

Regardless, this Lightning core since 2015 has not gotten it done in ECF elimination games, they're averaging less than one goal a game. No one is winning a NHL championships with that kind of scoring production when it matters most. I missed the 7-3 Ranger loss in game 6 in my previous post, and this Lightning core has been outscored 24-7 in last 9 EFC elimination games where Lightning had chance to advance with a win, not good enough.....
It's almost impossible to say you're wrong.
I'm really disappointed. But not for the single result. But for the attitude. I thought this team changed with the addition of many important players...But, apparently I was wrong. Without a big guy like Point is, I thought our core (thanks also to the new players) played a good hockey...But unfortunately only Heddy, Kuch and maybe Palat are playing good.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I thought about adding 2004 but that has nothing to do with this group of Lightning players. Now, the 2011 ECF final had a few players from this years team, so I counted it. Plus, a 10 year sample was fair with both Stamkos & Hedman on that 2011 Lightning team.

Regardless, this Lightning core since 2015 has not gotten it done in ECF elimination games, they're averaging less than one goal a game. No one is winning a NHL championships with that kind of scoring production when it matters most. I missed the 7-3 Ranger loss in game 6 in my previous post, and this Lightning core has been outscored 24-7 in last 9 EFC elimination games where Lightning had chance to advance with a win, not good enough.....
Hey I really hate this post.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Is anyone apposed to this for game 6?

Back to 12-6

Palat Point Kuch

Verhaeghe Cirelli Johnson

Coleman Gourde Goodrow

Maroon Paquette Killorn

I thought Swaggy was flying last game. ( he had a goal kinda)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
LOL this is gold.

"game-breaking"
It's got to be the agent, right? Barzal is RFA this off-season, and Lou is their GM.

I don't think that Lou is the target though. More likely it's media/fans/and people surrounding Lou, who can pressure him to make an iffy deal.

Last edited:

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Killorn has at least been pretty good on the PK, but he is a black hole in the offensive zone. And TJ has just been getting ragdolled and losing every puck battle. He has become playoff Namestnikov somehow. We are going to need Point back.
Except when he goes against Barzal... he ragdolled him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
a 70% healthy Point is enough to dismantle the Islanders. If he plays, play him like 15-17 minutes, all O-Zone starts.

For the record, for the second time this series, she fell asleep before the end of the game, and thus, was not watching Fresh Prince. I was there and still watching FP, but that doesn't seem to matter.

#Believe

Reactions: Hoek

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
At this point, I'm OK with the Lightning bringing in a voodoo witch doctor to exercise their demons in ECF elimination games.....
Shoot, Cooper should dress up as a Voodoo Witch Doctor and enter the locker-room while chanting, dancing, and then finish it all off by cutting a rubber chickens head off.

The Lightning players would probably love this, I would..........:vhappy:

Go Lightning !!!!!!

Reactions: Multipass and PJ817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad